Sundown Audio

twisted sounds 2.8k came in !!!

Bayuk89

how much time and will the bracket cost money plus how much on the new alt?

I have as much time as i need due to me taking my company vehicle home.

I would build a bracket, i have access to as much scrap metal as i need/want.

The 240 amp JS ALT is $389

Idk how much a one wire GM alt cost... I think the guy on another forum was running two 100 amp or 150 i dont remember, but he had them hooked directly to his battery and still had his factory PCM controlled alt..

If i WERE to build a bracket and use a GM one wire alt, i would have to make sure the shaft would fit a 7 rib pully instead of the Vee belt pully it comes standard on.... I will do some research and see if i can find the OP that was running the two GM alts and post a link... Just wanna figure out if its worth the effort and price difference.

It's not worth the effort in my opinion.

If you were wanting to run a standalone alt for the system then it would be a different story, but even then you'd want to run an high output alt for that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I don't keep up on these things but is Twisted Audio a new company? Every time I peek in car audio forums it seems I see a different brand being mentioned like it was the new flavor of the month. I think once it was TRU, then Audiopipe, Sundown, then Masconi and now I see this brand mentioned a lot. Hell I'm just now catching up with the Sundown brand, building a new box for an SD 8....I'm behind.

Sundown was founded back in 2006 IIRC

As far as twisted sounds idk when they started up, but they rate their amps around 12 volts and you get much more at 14 volts. Their 1.8k is a 2200 watt board, 2.8k is a 3500 watt board and their 3.5k is a 5000 watt board

Why no love for regulated power supplies? 11-16 v and get max rms power sounds good at least.

^^^^ i dont understand what you mean by regulated power supplies ???? Music is dynamic so the impeadence load and power demand is always changing

Are you talking about an amp the puts out the same RMS from 11-16 volts ? Can you post up some amps that operate this way ?

Archived