Line out converter help

I have a 2011 Chevy HHR and I aquired an set of lanzer 12" subs and a lanzer amp and would like them in said vehicle but I am not yet ready to replace the head unit, so using my factory radio would like to put in a line out converter but don't want one to where I have to cut speaker wires is there a device out there for my HHR that I can preouts and not cut wires? I have been looking at PAC stuff and it appears they have such items that add preouts and plug into factory harness but they don't have something for my year! Please help!

If you want to retain the factory radio and the Pac will work i would go that route. The wifes 2012 Malibu build i did started with a LC7 off factory speaker wires but i got all the chimes and buzzers amplified and came out the speakers. So i replaced the HU and used a PAC to keep chimes and computer happy. Some Chevy's are like that so do your research.

Should be able to buy an aftermarket radio harness and a reverse harness to plug back into the factory radio from Metra or Bestkits. Use the wires in between to make your connections.

Static drops are my bag.

See here is the the thing I don't mind cutting and splicing but all my speakers are in the doors. I have 6.... 2 tweeters in the columns above the dash and then 1 speaker in each door. I was trying to make it really easy on myself and only have to run the rca's and remote wire to the back cuz in my car the battery is in the rear and I was trying to avoid having to run a bunch of speaker wire. So if there is for example like the audiocontrol lc2i that I can put it behind the factory head unit and in the speakers back to it like a cross over so I still have all 6 speakers

Sounds like a Pac and new HU might be the best way to go. I spent $100 on the PAC and $180 on a Kenwood HU to solve my issues and way glad i did. So was the wife...

Your factory radio likely does not have 6 sets of speaker outputs. Most use 4 speaker outs and split them to the front woofers and tweeters near the end of the dash, using a passive crossover on the tweeter like a component set.

Unless you've got a Bose amp in there somewhere...which is a different ball game.

You'll have to run the same amount of wire no matter if it's RCA or speaker wire. Benefit to running the RCAs right away is that when you realize the factory radio will never sound great and you end up replacing it you won't have to re-do it.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived