Nick Papenborg Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 Hi guys, first I'm new here. I already reading here for some years and think this is a great forum. I'm dutch so I hope my English is good. My question: I'm going to start building a new instal in a vw passat b5. My girlfriend doesn't allow me to completely modify my door panels so I have limited space for my drivers. I want to run 3 way active front stage. The tweeters will go in factory location (scanspeak d2905). The original plan was place audio system hx 165 in de factory door position. I also have audio system hx 100 sq mids laying around. My new plan is placing the 2,5 inch speakers in the door and make kickpanels for the 6,5 inch speakers. So what do you guys think, 2 way or will 3 way work?
White Lightning Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 Sounds good. Just have to trial and error brother. Welcome to SMD. I'd start out 2 way passive and build from there. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Nick Papenborg Posted August 6, 2016 Author Report Posted August 6, 2016 Thanks for replying, it will be active, 2 or 3 way. I'm no new to car audio. I have holiday now so I will start building next week. I only have to order a new sub. In my last build I had the mids in the dashboard but in this car I have to complete modify the dash and that's no option. My concern is that the mids don't sound good in the doors.
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted August 6, 2016 Report Posted August 6, 2016 The doors should be good as long as the off axis response of the drivers is good. I am not familiar with your speakers. Most of the systems I see have them in the doors. Make sure to post pictures of your build. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Nick Papenborg Posted August 7, 2016 Author Report Posted August 7, 2016 I have done more research. My mid bass will come in the door and my mids will go in kickpanels. When I start building I will start a build log. It will be slow progress for this week because I have first to rewire a car from a friend. Thanks for the input.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.