Sundown Audio

Crescendo amp wont go out of protection mode

akuma4u

Hi ,

i bought a bstock crescendo bc2000 several months ago and have been using it for a few months and it was fine until last week when i was listening for an hour then it cut out then i turned my deck off and after a min or two, turned deck back on and amp came back on.

yesterday, i get into my car and turn on the deck and amp goes into protection mode right away.. i drive around for 30 mins and amp comes back on

today , i get into car and amp goes right away into protection mode.. i thought after half an hour or so it should come back on.. it didnt, i drove for 2 hours , it never came on, it is stuck in protection mode.

i removed the wires for the sub and it still stayed in protection mode.

i thought it was at first doing this because of the heat from the hot summer, its been mid to high 90 F the past couple of days... but now i think its the amp.. something is wrong with the amp itself..

any ideas?

thanks

Unplug everything but the power, ground, and remote wire.

If it still stays in protect its fucked.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Unplug everything but the power, ground, and remote wire.

If it still stays in protect its fucked.

ok so basically - remove the rcas and speaker wires

i have an inline sosche bass knob - could this be causing the problem by any chance?

Yes, unplug all that stuff.

Leave the bass knob plugged in,

If stays in protect unplug it and see what happens,

If It comes out when you unplug it you found the problem.

It's the process of elimination.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yes, unplug all that stuff.

Leave the bass knob plugged in,

If stays in protect unplug it and see what happens,

If It comes out when you unplug it you found the problem.

It's the process of elimination.

its the amp

yesterday i tested just unplugging the rcas and it stayed in protect ... i didnt have the allen keys so i could not take out the wires

today i got the allen keys and i took out the speaker wires but kept rcas in , and still stayed in protect

so i individually removed rca with wire in and wires out with rca in and both times it stayed in protect..

i know crescendo will make me pay to ship it to them.. do they make me pay to ship it back too? trust me it gets expensive since im in canada...

One final option I would try before shipping it out is daisy chaining the power and ground inputs with one piece of wire to empty the capacitors

with the amp completely not hooked up to anything

take a single wire and connect one end to the power input

and the other end to the ground input

you will likely see a tiny spark

this is a good sign

goodluck

One final option I would try before shipping it out is daisy chaining the power and ground inputs with one piece of wire to empty the capacitors

this is a good sign

goodluck

ok i will try that - does the wire have to be a specific gauge ?

if i do see a spark - will this spark make it go out of protection and start working normally again? like a hard reset/power cycle?

this is a good sign

goodluck

if i do see a spark - will this spark make it go out of protection and start working normally again? like a hard reset/power cycle?

speaker wire will work

yes like a hard reset

Before doing that I'd check that your ground is g2g, clean and tightened down nice and snug.

he is right check the ground as it could have loosened over your short time stated

even if it "feels" snug it might not be, take a wrench and make sure

this is a good sign

goodluck

speaker wire will work

yes like a hard reset

Before doing that I'd check that your ground is g2g, clean and tightened down nice and snug.

he is right check the ground as it could have loosened over your short time stated

even if it "feels" snug it might not be, take a wrench and make sure

the amp is grounded to the - terminal of the rear battery, everything seems snug but i will check again...

Archived