Sundown Audio

Crescendo amp wont go out of protection mode

akuma4u

Yes there was a spark when touching ground and power wire but after putting all wires back in still in protection mode

:fool:

sorry friend

After it is repaired get rid of the bass knob

Tell me u werent fuckingn with me when u told me to touch the power and ground using one wire. Did i just fry the amp? Why should i get rid of the bass knob?

I'm in for this info as well, never heard of it before but seems plausible. Only problem I ever had was branching the power wire to the amp case with the volume turned up some and it fried the amp.
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

It sounded shady af to me but i did it anyways pls tell me u didnt make me fry my amp why would u do that

Did you disconnect the negative before you bridged it?
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

ru kidding me dont u think I would be banned if I gave advice that would fry your amp?

you probably fried it from using your bass knob as a volume knob

I got my advice from a hifonics troubleshooting section years ago

best of luck to you

"4. If the amplifier is still in Protection mode after the above steps, remove all RCA’s and wires from the amplifier. Take a 12” length of speaker wire, trim the plastic off of each end exposing the wire. Now connect one end of the wire to the12V+ on the amplifier and connect the other to the Ground on the amplifier. You will have a brief spark indicating that the Capacitors have been discharged and the drivercard has been reset. Remove the jumper wire and reconnect your Power, Ground and Remote wires. Attempt to power the amplifier up like normal. In some cases this can Reset the amplifier if permanent damage has not previously been done."

http://assets.sonicelectronix.com/manuals/hifonics/brx24001d_manual.pdf

Archived