Sundown Audio

Crescendo amp wont go out of protection mode

akuma4u

I mean that sounds about par for the course with crescendo's customer service,

Maybe you should look around the interwebs and research before you buy something.

This has been a constant issue with them since day 1 and plenty of people have complained about it on multiple forums

, I have no clue how they are still in business.

If it has a warranty on it good luck getting that handled.......

it does have a warranty on it but im from canada and the shipping charges there and back is something they said i will have to cover .. but if its a manufacture defect then they will cover it all.. im sure even if it is , which im sure it is as i didnt abuse or mishandle the amp at all, they wont even tell me and will make it seem like its my fault so that i cover the shipping both ways..

since im from canada that is going to be super expensive - also i have little faith in the amp now as it will prob die on me AGAIN within months of it being fixed..

i DID do research before i bought and everyone told me sundown, jl and crescendo are the top companies.. i went with crescendo because it just seemed cheapest at the time cuz it was bstock and they cut me a deal which in retrospect was a shit deal because i am certain they sold me a shit diseased amp..

im very disappointed with this company and their treatment of me..

they were GREAT tho before i bought everything, answered all calls, returned all calls within a few hours..

but after buying and realizing there was issues like missing items or issues with quality / etc,.. they DISAPPEARED. wouldnt even reply back to messages left on their site.

but what do u know, they ignore me for like 2 months but as soon as i open a paypal claim they message me back within hours! LOL

That's their usual, always good to you till they get your money.

(At least from all the complaints I've seen)

It's always better to buy through a dealer than through the company directly in most cases, then it's on the dealer to handle any problems with them and they will have a lot more leverage than you will to get the problem resolved.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What was the reason this was B-stock? Was it purchased through Crescendo? If this amp was refurbished it was probably thrown back on shelf and resold and not repaired. You take a chance buying B-Stock just a heads up.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

They told me it was bstock because it was their display/demo model. However they could be making that up. At this point i have no faith left in that company they have lied to me already and ignored me for close to 2 months when i kept asking them to ship the missing bass knob that was suppose to be in the order.

One note. I flipped the amp on its back and there is crescendo serial number type sticker the first 4 digits are 2013. I have a bad feeling this amp is from 2013

They were out of stock of all amps and i guess they decided they could make a quick buck by selling this unit to me who like an idiot bought it.

I have owned many amps in my lifetime and never had one die on me except for one whixh was totally my fault. This amp gave me 3 months of use and was running at 2 ohms on a single sa12. In my eyes this amp was bound to go at any moment and was most likely pushed to its limits for extended periods of time before it got into my hands

• 2 weeks later...

Archived