Second Skin Audio

How does power effect my enclosure

More port area per cuft or more port area?

Both. This is the problem with port area per cube rules, they don't account for how much power you are running.

You may have said in another thread, but what are the specs on your current box, size, tuning, and port area. Nevermind, I see you posted it in the other thread.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

More port area per cuft or more port area?

Both. This is the problem with port area per cube rules, they don't account for how much power you are running.

You may have said in another thread, but what are the specs on your current box, size, tuning, and port area. Nevermind, I see you posted it in the other thread.

I get conflicting tune values from one box calculator to another so i dont know what the true tune is on the box, but im ball parking 28 and 55 hz

so, i can say, I used to be with 3k on 4 12's with about 130" of port, which was like 15"/per

compared that to what i have now which is 3k and one 10" and 12" of port which is like and its about 14.5" per. I get a lot of chuffing and noise near tuning and below.

So you can see how just cause you have a certain port per doesnt mean anything. 3k into 130sqin or 3k into 13sq". not even the same thing lol.

I get conflicting tune values from one box calculator to another so i dont know what the true tune is on the box, but im ball parking 28 and 55 hz

Box calculators don't work for series tuned 6th order boxes because the port tunings interact with each other, that's why they are tough to get right (one of the reasons). An impedance graph would be the best way to know what your tuning is.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived