Second Skin Audio

Quick question about Box and your vehicle

XflAQ

At the moment I have two HDS315s and I was (still might) going to go with the box design given from its company Soundqubed. However, I see sometimes people have said its best to design a box not only specific for your subs but to your vehicle as well. With that said, can anyone provide me tips or a guide or something to where I can learn about building a box for both my subs/vehicle for great sound? My truck is a 2000 Nissan Frontier 3.3L V6.

Thanks

Ok I may be overthinking this and made myself look dumb but I just thought about it a bit more and I assume when they say to build a box specific to your vehicle, that means taking measurements of available space for your box and make your box within that space instead of buying a prefab or whatever?

Yes but there's more too it than that. Prefab boxes often aren't made very well, aren't always made with the best materials, and you'll have no control over the box tuning and the port/sub orientation. That last item is one of the main reasons to design and build your own enclosure, well that and the fact that designing and building boxes is fun.

You can take measurements to maximize the space available in your vehicle. You get to arrange the sub(s) and port with what would sound best for that car, like subs up port back for an SUV. You'll also be the one deciding the tuning of the box based on things like music type you prefer, spl goals, integration with the front stage, and other variables.

Yes but there's more too it than that. Prefab boxes often aren't made very well, aren't always made with the best materials, and you'll have no control over the box tuning and the port/sub orientation. That last item is one of the main reasons to design and build your own enclosure, well that and the fact that designing and building boxes is fun.

You can take measurements to maximize the space available in your vehicle. You get to arrange the sub(s) and port with what would sound best for that car, like subs up port back for an SUV. You'll also be the one deciding the tuning of the box based on things like music type you prefer, spl goals, integration with the front stage, and other variables.

Ahhhh. Thank you lad. I am indeed building my own box; I was just using pre-fab box as an example to the question.

Archived