Model Help

looking for a model number and information on a Kicker 18 sub that was black cone and said kicker in pink on the dustcap, trying to get as much information as possible maybe a model number if possible if you can help me.

Thanks in advance

a customer has 2 in a subwoofer setup for his house and i just wanted to know about them because hes willing to sell them off and they really got my interest.

Hmmm ill get back with ya.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

It sounds like a kicker competeiton C series sub from around 97 to 98.

If it doesn't say Competetion underneith the Kicker logo its an earlyer version 95 to 96.

If it says compVR under the Kicker logo it came out around1999 to 2000.

If its alot beefier and has ribs on the surround it came out around 2001 or 2002.

All the subs are almost the same with minor modifacations except for the compvr that has ribs on the surround, thats a whole other animal.

I have every piece of lititure kicker came out with from 1995 to 2007 except the 1997 book.

(Ya Polecat I need the 2008 buddy.)

If you haven't recieved the specs by tonight I'll dig out the info for ya.

I would like to know what version it is so if you can see the cone that will tell me every thing I need to know.

The one you are looking at has a black cone, has Kicker in the middle of the dust cap writen in red with white out lineing but does it say anything else under Kicker.

If you can get to the back of the sub it will say A-series (A18) or C series (C18).

Or you can go to the kicker website then go to support and look at the manuals. cuase there are only 3 types of 18s kicker ever made SoloX,Competion, and compVR 2 versions of the compvr one like the competetion and one like the compVR that is out now.

If its older than I would probbly buy them(A-series (A18) or C series (C18)) thats an 18 that should have good sound quality.

Make sure the spider is in good shape.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

yea it just says kicker theres no comp or c or anythign else just kicker.

it may be red faded, the word kicker looks like a very plain font also if that helps

theres no outline or anythign its rather plain to say the least. first time i seen it was about 96 and it looked old then as well.

This should be all the info you need.

http://www.kicker.com/06/tech-support/manu...r%20Drivers.pdf

If you have any other questions let me know.

P.S. I had my letters wrong, all of them start with C as in C18a or C18c. I should be punished for that.(Long Storie)

Polecat why were there never a C#b.

I never figured out how b got skipped A series and C series and D series but no B series. LOL

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

any idea on the price MSRP these were originally, they sound great on the guys Home Theatre. and thanks a million for the PDF.

anyone have any pics of one to be sure we're on the same page?

The best I can offer is pics of the 10 inch C-seies.

The A-series witch I believe you are looking at looks the same it just doesn't say competition under the Kicker logo on the front and the sticker on the back is different.

If you really have to see an A-series I have one in the barn somewhere but this should be close enough.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/i...-9810incomp.jpg

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll253/i...9810incomp2.jpg

I can only give you a price on the 15 inch. It sold for $189.95,( not MSRP) so around $250 for the 18.

Terryswork001.png

Archived