Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Well there is 2 issues with that... There is no marker point and it seems like the head unit sends a dirty signal regardless so even when we think we have reached that point the clip light should come on, it is already on. I started off from square one multiple times and still get the same results.

I am sure he is just going to have to swap that head unit out.

If you have none of the other stuff hooked up, just the stock system. Does it still sound distorted without the DD1 measuring any? Is it possible it's the adapter thing you are using?

Not having a marker point doesn't really matter, especially if you have a reliable clip light. You turn it up till it's loud and provided the light isn't lit up like a Christmas tree all is good. Still going to be capable of a cleaner signal than 90% of modern recordings.

Anyway, unless you have all your songs pre level matched you could need a bit more or a bit less of the volume knob here and there. A bit of clipping on transients never killed anyone either, makes it louder :lol:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Well there is 2 issues with that... There is no marker point and it seems like the head unit sends a dirty signal regardless so even when we think we have reached that point the clip light should come on, it is already on. I started off from square one multiple times and still get the same results.

I am sure he is just going to have to swap that head unit out.

If you have none of the other stuff hooked up, just the stock system. Does it still sound distorted without the DD1 measuring any? Is it possible it's the adapter thing you are using?

Not having a marker point doesn't really matter, especially if you have a reliable clip light. You turn it up till it's loud and provided the light isn't lit up like a Christmas tree all is good. Still going to be capable of a cleaner signal than 90% of modern recordings.

Anyway, unless you have all your songs pre level matched you could need a bit more or a bit less of the volume knob here and there. A bit of clipping on transients never killed anyone either, makes it louder :lol:

It actually sounds clean with just the stock system playing... even when at full volume. But being that we checked it with the DD1 there is distortion coming from that head unit.

That is what I told him to watch for and make sure it didn't stay solid and if did come on that it would be a flicker. So to help with that, I set his amp with the knob all the way up so even if he did get careless, it hopefully would not clip to crazy.

It actually sounds clean with just the stock system playing... even when at full volume. But being that we checked it with the DD1 there is distortion coming from that head unit.

That is what I told him to watch for and make sure it didn't stay solid and if did come on that it would be a flicker. So to help with that, I set his amp with the knob all the way up so even if he did get careless, it hopefully would not clip to crazy.

Huh, I'm confused. So it sounds clean turned right up with just the stock system, but the DD1 still senses distortion? I guess from what I remember of its release video it was damn sensitive.

But once you hook up the adapter, LC2i and amp the door speakers distort?

If so then yeah, good idea, that way he'd hopefully notice the door speakers sounding like ass and turn it down before causing any problems. Should be safe with the -5db track too unless he's going to drive around playing test tones lol

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

Huh, I'm confused. So it sounds clean turned right up with just the stock system, but the DD1 still senses distortion? I guess from what I remember of its release video it was damn sensitive.

But once you hook up the adapter, LC2i and amp the door speakers distort?

If so then yeah, good idea, that way he'd hopefully notice the door speakers sounding like ass and turn it down before causing any problems. Should be safe with the -5db track too unless he's going to drive around playing test tones lol

Yeah... it sounds clean with only the stock head unit and door speakers when turned all the way up. But the DD1 does pick up a dirty signal at some point during the increase of volume. So what I did with the LC2i is turn all the levels down and just turn the head unit all the way up then increase the levels on the LC2i until the DD1 showed clipping. I was hoping that this would help prevent his amp from seeing that dirty signal and it does but with track settings (-5db) but when we start playing music that thing lights up and he has to continually play with that bass knob to help the issue. It just sucks cuz I know it can sound so much better but because he has to control that knob so low, I feel he is not getting full potential out of his system.

When I set up one of my friends systems, it distorted at like 11 hash marks out of about 30, so pretty much he couldn't even turn it up without it distorting. It was a pain in the ass.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Yeah... it sounds clean with only the stock head unit and door speakers when turned all the way up. But the DD1 does pick up a dirty signal at some point during the increase of volume. So what I did with the LC2i is turn all the levels down and just turn the head unit all the way up then increase the levels on the LC2i until the DD1 showed clipping. I was hoping that this would help prevent his amp from seeing that dirty signal and it does but with track settings (-5db) but when we start playing music that thing lights up and he has to continually play with that bass knob to help the issue. It just sucks cuz I know it can sound so much better but because he has to control that knob so low, I feel he is not getting full potential out of his system.

That's so weird.

I mean, you've got the upper limit set as best you can, if the bass knob goes from 0 to oh shit too fast just drop the amp's gain down a bit. If you can be fucked, pull out the scope and give it a go. I got no idea how the clipping detection works in his amp, so no way to know if it's the input or output that's clipping. Then again, the DD1 is meant to be better than a scope anyway, but I like a good old visual representation.

Best you can do is hope he gets sick of the Bose and decides to install it in the bin and get something that functions right.

When I set up one of my friends systems, it distorted at like 11 hash marks out of about 30, so pretty much he couldn't even turn it up without it distorting. It was a pain in the ass.

Pain the ass exactly!!!!!!!!!

New HU time!!! He is just goinf to have to bite the bullet if he wants a better sounding system. Ran stock HU in wifes Malibu with a LC7 and a T400-4 for mids and highs. And a Power 1000.a1 for subs. System sounded ok but all chimes where amplified thru the speakers. Changed out HU to a Kenwood double din that was about $190 and it really brought the system to life.

New HU time!!! He is just goinf to have to bite the bullet if he wants a better sounding system. Ran stock HU in wifes Malibu with a LC7 and a T400-4 for mids and highs. And a Power 1000.a1 for subs. System sounded ok but all chimes where amplified thru the speakers. Changed out HU to a Kenwood double din that was about $190 and it really brought the system to life.

That is what I am urging him to do. Damn Bose head unit sucks ass!!!

Archived