Set 2 channel amp for sundown components with the dd1.

If you want to be louder, you could add another set of tweets and mids.

I'm lost I never said I was trying to get louder! Just trying to maximize what I have.

You are killing your tweeters because its not loud enough. Otherwise just turn the volume down a little.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I'm lost I never said I was trying to get louder! Just trying to maximize what I have.

You are killing your tweeters because its not loud enough. Otherwise just turn the volume down a little.
honestly don't understand your logic here. Everything is set flat no eq boost at all head until clip free at 40 out of 40 volume, I set made 39 my max, gain set with Sq track on the dd1. Steve himself has said once set you can go to your max volume trouble free. I would agree with you if I set using-10db it's to much. Amp is rated 120 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohms so power should be a good match.

it could be the music too. You are running them at their max RMS rating pretty much, so any badly recorded music could be doing this.

my crossovers being a pain in neck to get to do you think going with the 0db setting on them would tone them back enough to keep it from happening?

honestly don't understand your logic here. Everything is set flat no eq boost at all head until clip free at 40 out of 40 volume, I set made 39 my max, gain set with Sq track on the dd1. Steve himself has said once set you can go to your max volume trouble free. I would agree with you if I set using-10db it's to much. Amp is rated 120 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohms so power should be a good match.

I understand that you are trying to maximize what you have. You have found the maximum.

The dd1 is just setting up a base line or the reference to adjust the gain cleanly on a test track playing a constant tone at a specific frequency. This is not music. Music is a ton of different frequencies all up and down all at the same time. It is possible to have musical transients that have higher output than the rest of the musical average. It is also possible to have songs recorded at different levels causing more or less output from the amp. There are so many variables that cannot be accounted for when setting up with the dd1. If -5db is too much then use 0db. Or just turn the volume down a little when it does this. It is up to the operator of the volume control to know what they are doing to keep their gear safe.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)