Jump to content

2007 Chevy Colorado Prerunner Build


Recommended Posts

Posted

So this is a build I did years ago (the truck was almost brand new). I was digging around in some old picture files and came across enough pics of it to put together a somewhat decent build log. Before I caught the bass bug I did a lot of welding and fabricating and this was actually my first project I did completely on my own. But anyway I hope you all enjoy!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any pics of when it was bone stock, but this was the start of it all at least. It was a shitty little bumper i threw together out of some scrap tubing i had laying around.

060_zpsjtevhefo.jpg

Then I got 33/12.50's!!

052_zps9agde8kj.jpg

056_zps3j5qw8i5.jpg

Shortly after that I got my first batch of fiberglass from McNeil.

059_zpsvl0mjfdp.jpg

Then the real fabrication fun began.

085_zpsxcdrdrfr.jpg

086_zpsk60djqek.jpg

087_zpsgnmiumse.jpg

088_zps6sx214uz.jpg

And then the hood, which i eventually made the scoop functional.

090_zpskjsaenci.jpg

092_zpsg8up2qru.jpg

093_zpshq0d8lqw.jpg

094_zpsy0vzdgih.jpg

Posted

It's actually pretty fun to drive around with no weight over the rear end lol.

096_zpsj7xjsmik.jpg

Had to throw the bed back on to go pick this bad boy up.

098_zpsxbyfflir.jpg

100_zpsfljxhtnn.jpg

105_zpsivhwqp6r.jpg

109_zpsvdecnxje.jpg

110_zpsinljgmst.jpg

111_zpsipe4vlog.jpg

112_zpsqpewy54s.jpg

113_zps1s6fl9bi.jpg

114_zpszgz7vetg.jpg

116_zpshdc6jzg1.jpg

Then some idiot (cough) decided to forget the hood pins lol.

119_zpsopobyhwz.jpg

Posted

120_zpsw7maaeqk.jpg

150_zpskridbdag.jpg

151_zpsnv3oiyrm.jpg

152_zpsghspkcjd.jpg

153_zpstqlrj9vx.jpg

155_zpsh5zgdaoa.jpg

156_zps2ssv3jg7.jpg

And then I put a system in it!

2 Alpine M1000 amps

2 10" Alpine Type-X subs

1 JL 2 channel amp

Type-X door speakers

Box was custom built with subs down, port up.

057_zpsguwfea81.jpg

Posted

No one ever made a 4wd long travel kit for these and unfortunately at this point suspension geometry was a little beyond me. I was only 16 when I built this.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1831 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...