Second Skin Audio

(1) SA-18 4th order box help please

Bayuk89

Well.... ive been itching to build a new box for a while. My current box is 10.5 net with (2) SA-18's and ive been entertaining a 4th order build. I CANT fit two 18" in a forth in my truck but i bet i can do (1) 18" 4th order.

First off, i never built a 4th order so i have no idea of how to calculate how much space i need sealed and ported and what kind of ratio.... i CAN follow direction and built it. A single SA-18 on about 2k watts... is it worth it ? Or should i just build a new slot pot box for the pair ? Im just curious to see what kind of output a 4th could give me..

So here is what sundown recommended for (1) sa-18, base the build off the ZV3 18 (what bryan chamberlain told me) 3f^3 sealed 4f^3 ported

So if i did a 2:1 forth order it would be 3f^3 sealed and 6f^3 ported with about 80" of port and tune the port to about 45hz.... How does that sound ?

I pretty much guarantee you are going to lose performance dropping down to a single sub, it may be a fun experiment for you none the less.

I'll PM you how I design 4th order bandpass boxes.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Why do you want a 4th? I think 2 ported will be louder

I figured i will lose output going from (2) 18" to just (1) 18"..... more or less wanted to do it so i could try out a new box and see what a forth is "all about" im not happy with how i built my current box.. so i either build a new slot or aero port for the pair of 18's or i try a 4th for a single 18

Archived