Bayuk89 Posted September 6, 2016 Report Posted September 6, 2016 Well.... ive been itching to build a new box for a while. My current box is 10.5 net with (2) SA-18's and ive been entertaining a 4th order build. I CANT fit two 18" in a forth in my truck but i bet i can do (1) 18" 4th order. First off, i never built a 4th order so i have no idea of how to calculate how much space i need sealed and ported and what kind of ratio.... i CAN follow direction and built it. A single SA-18 on about 2k watts... is it worth it ? Or should i just build a new slot pot box for the pair ? Im just curious to see what kind of output a 4th could give me..
Bayuk89 Posted September 6, 2016 Author Report Posted September 6, 2016 So here is what sundown recommended for (1) sa-18, base the build off the ZV3 18 (what bryan chamberlain told me) 3f^3 sealed 4f^3 ported So if i did a 2:1 forth order it would be 3f^3 sealed and 6f^3 ported with about 80" of port and tune the port to about 45hz.... How does that sound ?
Bayuk89 Posted September 6, 2016 Author Report Posted September 6, 2016 Tritcum ? Joe X ? Audiofanaticz ? Anyone lol ?
ToNasty Posted September 6, 2016 Report Posted September 6, 2016 Why do you want a 4th? I think 2 ported will be louder ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Triticum Agricolam Posted September 6, 2016 Report Posted September 6, 2016 I pretty much guarantee you are going to lose performance dropping down to a single sub, it may be a fun experiment for you none the less. I'll PM you how I design 4th order bandpass boxes. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Bayuk89 Posted September 6, 2016 Author Report Posted September 6, 2016 Why do you want a 4th? I think 2 ported will be louder I figured i will lose output going from (2) 18" to just (1) 18"..... more or less wanted to do it so i could try out a new box and see what a forth is "all about" im not happy with how i built my current box.. so i either build a new slot or aero port for the pair of 18's or i try a 4th for a single 18
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.