Second Skin Audio

Sub suggestions and advice.

bcbrassard

So i got a Joe-X design for 2 SQ HDS310's enclosure and after a couple years would like to try different speakers in it, Never cared for the HDS310, felt like i wasnt giving them enough powet from the RF T1500 i have them on. Probably never up grade amp so would a less rms rated speaker sound better in there? Trying not to rebuilt a enclosure for new speakers. I do know i should, just not going to at the moment. Looking for a quality sounding sub more than SPL and at a decent price point. $200 apiece due to shipping to AK unless it a PRIME promotions. Any sub suggestions welcomed.

SQHDS310sampohmwiringdiagrams007_zps3339

Newsubenclosure2014006_zps1b9cfbfc.jpg

newenclosure2014001_zpsfa1bad85.jpg

Subupgrade2014010_zps3c6dfe77.jpg

Subupgrade2014011_zpsac00f1a4.jpg

Subupgrade2014004_zpsc140cd0d.jpg

So that what i am working worth! Amy thoughts?

Yeah, those HDS300 series subs can take quite a bit of power. You could look into some re-cones for those subs that have a looser suspension set-up... I've noticed a lot of SoundQubed users taking that route with their drivers since they are mainly just for SPL.

If you wait out for about 2 more months and save up for a Cyber Monday deal. It will put a lot of nice subs in the price range you are looking in. Not sure how much more sound quality you would gain, but other subs I'd look into are the DC Audio Level 3's, Fi X series or the SSA GCON's to fit your amplifier a little better.

Here some choices i am looking at on amazon.

2 SA-10D4 for $399 + $216 shipping to AK

American Bass Xr-10D4 $189 each Prime (free Shipping to AK )

RF P3D4-10s $113 each Prime

NVX, SKAR & RE subs all around $150 ish.

Few others i am looking at : Orion, Polk

I have never cared for kicker or Alpine so those brands dont need to be mentioned please.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived