Dual alternator dual batterys

So i need some advice as to wiring of my dual alternators. Its a 1994 yukon with a 350 in it. Alternator 1 is a 145amp ad244 off a 2004 escalade which is currently installed in the stock location and working no problems. Then i have a dr44 off a 2000 buick lesabre its a dc power 270sp. I am going to mount it in the smog pump location which i have figured out but i have question as to how to wire it all together. What wires do i need to hook up on the dr44 other then the charging wire they are both 4 pin style any help is greatly appreciated

You have a DC Power alternator so maybe they could help you. When I've called them they've been a lot of help - great CS.

With my system in my suburban and dual alternators, they told me to wire the stock location alternator to the front battery to power the vehicle and the second alternator to charge my batteries for my system - Basically just wiring them separate so the alternators' regulators don't "see each other."

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

yup....... l to a turn on, put the s on the charge stud, with your run/eyelet.

Still, seems like a shit ton of work for like 300 amps hot..... Get a singe 320, or 370 and bag all that modification, unless your REALLY confident you can do it. Just because you get it on, then you deal with belt wrap, alignment, and about 400 un for seen fun thingys. But, good luck.

Archived