ScatPack_Boi Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 Hello everyone. I have a 2016 SRT Charger 392 ScatPack with two 12" American Bass XFL subs in a ported box at 34hz, ran on a Rockford Fosgate T1001bd Power series amp at 1 OHM. My shit beats. Reeeeaally beats. And there lies my problem...... I'm using a Rockford Fosgate PPB1 Bass Knob and no matter how low I turn down the bass on the knob, the subs still beat loud as hell. Sure, the knob turns it down about 35-45 percent, but the bass still pounds very loud. Sometimes I don't wanna beat. When my wife and kids are in my car, I would like to play music without hurting anyone's ears. Is there a knob I can buy that would turn the bass volume all the way UP or DOWN if I wanted? Also, before I plug in my PPB1 knob, should the knob be turned all the way up BEFORE PLUGGING IT IN to he amp? I also heard that some knobs are "Bass Boosters" and others control "Bass Volume"...... Is this true? I just wanna be able to crank up bass when I want to beat the block down, and turn the bass waaaay down when my family is with me. Please help. Post up a eBay or Amazon link and I'll buy a different knob if needed. Thanks in advance!
bassl0va Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 Is it the remote with 2 knobs? I've never use RF but I'd think that that would be the bass boost variety. I see no reason you'd need a frequency knob to adjust the xover point, so i'd assume it's boost and center frequency. The manual/someone who's used one will know.How are your gains set? My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
ScatPack_Boi Posted September 21, 2016 Author Report Posted September 21, 2016 Yes the knob has two knobs on it. I have the Amp gain set right under the point of distortion. I can turn the head unit all the way up and get loud, undistorted bass. It's crazy loud and clean, but stays pretty loud even at low volumes. The bass knob helps, but not very much. I thought knobs were supposed to turn the bass up or all the way down.....
bassl0va Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 You want to set the gains with the knob all the way up, otherwise turning it up will cause clipping. Bass boost knobs (like yours) make it tricky cause it is a peaking filter, where as a normal attenuator bass knob equally affects all frequencies. Are you able to get a one for your amp? Then you just crank it up, set the gains then use it to drop the bass level when you don't want full blast. I don't really see the point in the boost style knobs. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
3vil Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 What you want is a Pac LC1. Instead of adjusting bass boost, it actually cuts the input voltage to the amp, making it a volume knob
SkarredSierra Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 http://m.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-Universal-Bass-Knob-With-Digital-Volt-Meter-/111948802357?nav=SEARCH This one comes with built in volt meter and the knob pushes in to completly turn the amp off or on.
ScatPack_Boi Posted September 21, 2016 Author Report Posted September 21, 2016 Thank you very much. I love the Knob in the ebay link but I hate all the wires needed to install it. It needs a remote wire, ground wire and stuff. I much prefer a knob that only needs RCA's or a telephone style wire. Much easier to install. So Im gonna get a PAC LC1. To install a PAC LC1 on a factory head unit, I assume I run RCA's from my line out converter to the LC1 input, then RCA's from the LC1 output to the Amp. Correct? Thanks again!
Kyblack76 Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 Don't like the CT sounds one. I've heard good and not so good experiences. And I don't need my knob to do anything other that adjust. The volt meter does nothing for me. Just me. The pac has done me well for a decade. Simple, easy, works. Imho , great call on the buy. And yes. Sig in, sig out. Set the gains at full. Done. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
ScatPack_Boi Posted September 21, 2016 Author Report Posted September 21, 2016 Do I leave the gain set properly on my amp or do I turn up the gain all the way on the amp and use the PAC LC1 to lower it appropriately.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.