fyerbyrd22 Posted October 3, 2016 Report Posted October 3, 2016 I know there's a thread on CACO about everything 4th orders but im not about to read through like 500 pages...im doing a 4th order wall for my teammate and i wanted to try my hand at designing it (never designed a 4th so bare with me)..built dozens but never designed...what size ports do you normally go with as a good starting point to begin testing? Ive heard between 1/4-1/2 cone area 8 Audio Legion S2512's 2 Audio Legion 5000D i ran the EBP (92.96) on these and it looks like they are on high side and would like a 6th better but we're trying the 4th as that's what he wants..im told i shouldnt run into mechanical issues by this, but will possibly result in a peaky enclosure any input from people with EXPERIENCE would be great...and NO, dropping down the amount of subs and going to a 6th, or changing subs, is NOT an option right now...if it fails, it fails and he upgrades...but we are trying this until that point the design i came up with came out to about 2.4:1 ratio, just under 8cu sealed and 20cu ported, with around 480sq of port to start...it can be adjusted bigger or smaller as needed with 2x4 [imgur](http://i.imgur.com/SLdETX7.jpg) personal build in progress http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/ www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 3, 2016 Report Posted October 3, 2016 You are probably better off for not reading that thread on CACO, there is more than a little misinformation there. I agree with what other people told you, you shouldn't have mechanical issues, but the box will probably be quite peaky. 480 sq in of port area probably isn't a bad starting point. You could probably cut back to 400 if you needed, but I'd stay at 480 if you can. As with any bandpass box, its a good idea to plan ahead for changing the length of the port to tweak the tuning for better performance. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
fyerbyrd22 Posted October 4, 2016 Author Report Posted October 4, 2016 The whole port will be available..the picture I used was just where I think a good starting point will be...I'm gonna test peak without a port when I begin so that'll help some to understand what I'll need..but the whole ported section is available to change the port with 2x4 personal build in progress http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/ www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns
fyerbyrd22 Posted October 5, 2016 Author Report Posted October 5, 2016 bumpppp personal build in progress http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/ www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns
rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 5, 2016 Report Posted October 5, 2016 I've heard to start with half of cone area. That's what I did and moved on from there(open up for more output, shrink for more lows, at least in my case)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.