Second Skin Audio

Output plot modeling request

Markous

Trying win isd again but just with a sealed enclosure for the SI sub i mentioned in the post above to keep things relatively simple.

Again i am getting this error message (bottom right) the only unit i did not directly enter and converted from metric to the imperial unit the field asks for was the Sd.

It's very frustrating as this is the 5-6th time i've tried winisd (not for this driver) and i keep hitting this wall, what am i doing wrong? probably a simple thing but i don't get it.

what%20am%20i%20doing%20wrong_zpsrzlwyzp

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

I vaguely remember having this problem with alpha. WinISD beta will not give you as much configurability but its easier than alpha to use.

Maybe someone else with alpha will chime in.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Beta looks alot simpler that's for sure, will try it out tomorrow and see how it works

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

First off, get the newest version of WinISD, is much better. You can get it here: http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisd-07x.exe

When it comes to entering parameters into WinISD, it can be quite finicky as you have found. Here is the best way to do it:

The suggested procedure for entering driver parameters is following (check first that "Auto calculate unknowns" option is checked):
1. Enter Mms and Cms
This gives fs. If either is not available, then enter fs and other parameter.
2. Enter Sd, Bl and Re
Now, you should get all but Qms (and Qts), Vas. Please note that Vas may not match exactly what is specified by manufacturer, because exact value of Vas depends on environmental parameters. See FAQ.
3. Enter Rms or Qms.
Either one will do, although I tend to prefer Qms over Rms, because it can usually be measured in driver measurement procedures.
4. Enter Hc, Hg and Pe.
If Hc or Hg or either is available, then enter Xmax and optionally either Hc or Hg if available.
5. Enter number of voicecoils.
This procedure is most accurate. Also note that it also calculates true SPL (1W/1m) value. So it might not match the marketing SPL value, which is generally somewhat vague. Not in all cases, though.
6. Correct Znom, if necessary.
If there are several voicecoils, then you must be careful when entering parameters in that case, because many manufacturers give Bl in voice coils in series, because it yields double value for Bl against parallel connection. If driver manufacturer gives Qes, Bl and Cms or Mms, then you can check how Bl is specified. For that, you can enter following parameters to calculate Re: Qes, Fs, Mms or Cms and Bl. Connection mode can be changed by changing the combobox selection. The driver editor then converts Bl and Re values accordingly.
Equivalently, you can check for Bl by entering:
Qes, Fs, Mms or Cms and Re (for desired connection mode).
If you enter resistance for parallel connection and get about half of advertised Bl, then you know, that Bl was specified that way.
Like in Driver-tab in project window, you'll probably noticed the driver icon in bottom of the driver editor window. you can drag the driver object into some project by just dragging the icon.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I will try that TA, might have to re-read your post as i do it though. Gonna wait until tomorrow though

Thanks for the help you guys :good:

This guy knows his stuff, but you have to in order to take advantage of the advanced features of newer WinISD.

This is what I was trying to avoid. it gets too confusing with the newer more advanced versions to understand it. It's enough to make you give up. But If you're willing to go through all that, be my guest.

I think WinISD beta is easier on the stomach and easier to learn. If you want to graduate to the new version, great, but I wouldn't start there. Meh I'm out now.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

You're right srp, better to get comfortable using it first before diving in headfirst.

The way TA laid it out in his post makes it seem so simple :rofl:

Don't worry about doing everything in the parameter entry instructions I posted. Just do the first three steps, put in the Xmax, and that's all you really need.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Well, i think i've got it basically figured out . . . . for now.

From what i can figure i might just try and make something tuned 4-5hz lower than the current enclosure *in the same net volume

I do have a couple of questions right off the top of my head from the 10-15 minutes i've been messing around with it.

the red and purple lines at 0 and -3 what do they mean?

and

* what is the vent mach about? (guessing thats an airspeed thing with the mach mentioned)

watching a video on youtube i saw it go from the red qes/pe text to a green with a decimal number at the hundreds.

is getting the green text critical and how does one attempt to get it in the green?

* - edits

You really want to keep vent mach below .08 (31 m/sec). Above that and you start to lose a LOT of output to port compression. Ideally you keep it below .067 (23 m/sec), but that's not always the easiest thing to do. Everything is a tradeoff at some point.

Builds:

Archived