[Final Update 6/6] 99 S-10 Blazer Build - Lots of setups

Did you think about just removing the back speakers?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Did you think about just removing the back speakers?

I have thought about it, but what would I do with them? I already paid for them, so I would have to learn to fiberglass them to put them in the front doors I guess.

For now I'm gonna leave the setup as is, and hopefully get some videos this weekend and maybe a termlab....guess we will see :)

At least the setup looks bad ass, in my opinion anyways.

If only you were closer I'd be down to meter it for you. Would love a demo. 

And that's a bummer you can't really hear the speakers in the back. I was gonna try and make some door pods to fit 2 speakers in the door, but I decided to fiberglass 2 6.5's under my head unit. It's far from done but it seems like it will work out pretty nice. That's always an option for you 

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

8 minutes ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

If only you were closer I'd be down to meter it for you. Would love a demo. 

And that's a bummer you can't really hear the speakers in the back. I was gonna try and make some door pods to fit 2 speakers in the door, but I decided to fiberglass 2 6.5's under my head unit. It's far from done but it seems like it will work out pretty nice. That's always an option for you 

I travel to Wisconsin all the time to visit family, but we always take my dad's suburban because it has more room for all of us lol.

If there are ever some shows during the summer, and I still have the system, I'll probably drive up with my sister and try to attend a few.

I also still have a LOT of tuning on the system, (everything was thrown together really quickly so I could get back to school on time), so maybe once I work out some kinks my highs/mids performance will be better. Time alignment, gain, crossovers, etc.

And it sounds like you have some content to update your build log with! I'd love to see how those 6.5's work out. I was strongly considering removing the center console and trying to build an MDF box for the two rear 6.5"s kind of like a lot of truck guys do with their subwoofers, but decided rear doors were easier.

Well I go to pretty much every show in Wisconsin. So if you ever go to a show I'll most likely be there! 

And yes I do have some to update, but waiting till I have a little bit more progress to show. Maybe today I'll update it once I wrap it in fleece

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

10 hours ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

Well I go to pretty much every show in Wisconsin. So if you ever go to a show I'll most likely be there! 

And yes I do have some to update, but waiting till I have a little bit more progress to show. Maybe today I'll update it once I wrap it in fleece

I'll be looking forward to getting up to some of those shows and exchanging demos then for sure! How do you learn about when and where each show is?

Also I can't wait for your build log updates! So much of my build was inspired or just copied from yours lol

17 minutes ago, RedFred said:

I'll be looking forward to getting up to some of those shows and exchanging demos then for sure! How do you learn about when and where each show is?

Also I can't wait for your build log updates! So much of my build was inspired or just copied from yours lol

If you find Sound Mekanix Customs on facebook, There usually posted on there. The guy who owns that shop is the one who puts on a lot of shows in Wisconsin. I can also let you know when theres shows comin up. 

And I am glad my build was able to help ya out! :)

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

On 1/6/2017 at 7:28 PM, Mr DeeBeez said:

If you find Sound Mekanix Customs on facebook, There usually posted on there. The guy who owns that shop is the one who puts on a lot of shows in Wisconsin. I can also let you know when theres shows comin up. 

And I am glad my build was able to help ya out! :)

Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out on facebook. I have to keep making new fake accounts because my competition in local sales groups keeps reporting me.

I had a bad experience using my real facebook, where some guy thought my pricing was too high, and started messaging some of my friends and family with lewd comments.

---------------------------------

Some updates:

I took the time to tune everything with the DD-1, and evidently the HU is good to 52 volume, and all of my amps need the gain about 95% up. Which is weird, because the 80PRS should have 5v pre-outs, allowing me to keep the gain lower and avoid noise. So I have everything set, and now I have the same speaker/alternator whine that I had with my last HU (which was pretty much the biggest reason I bought the 80prs).

Went outside to play a little bit, and had a guy who lives about a mile away come talk to me, reporting that we were shaking pictures off of his walls. I don't know if there are some weird physics properties that make bass frequencies get stronger as they travel away from the source, but at my house, we had nothing shake off our walls, and the car was parked less than 10' from the garage.

At the same time, I realized that my 1.5" wood screws must not be enough, because it looked and sounded to me as if the subwoofers were literally jumping out of the box. I'll get videos up shortly.

This setup is no hair trick monster, but it does move a decent amount of air. I'm hoping to get out and get metered soon, but I need to find a solution to keep those woofers in the box first haha.

Sometimes people feel the bass and exaggerate and say stuff was flying off the walls! lol. 

I would recommend spax screws for the sub. Very beefy screws, and you dont need to pre drill or anything. Have never had a problem with them breaking

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

What overlap did you use for your amps?

Did you hot-swap the RCAs when connecting to the DD-1?

Have you made sure your low/mid/high levels are at zero, or did you do the auto-EQ/Time alignment? If you didn't hot-swap the RCAs while tuning, then I'm sure the noise is associated with the fact that your gain level is so high. With my 80prs, everything at zero, I'm clean 62/62, and gains only go up to around 50% (-10dB track for sub amp, -5dB track for mids and highs). I'm not a fan of the auto-EQ and time alignment. I prefer to do it myself, making it sound like what I want to hear.

Archived