Second Skin Audio

Help with box

Jonathan91

12" kicker cvr's i got a set of alpine type s too. But im going to stick with the kickers. Probably this one http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_76943_Crunch-PZX1800.2.html . I want the subs and port facing forward. Its for a 91 toyota cressida. Barely got the car. Im currently doing a headgasket job, but just want some pointers before i start making the box. In a few months or so :)

If you have a few months, save your money and buy a better amp.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

There are lot of good amps out to there to choose from. It would probably be easier to tell you what I didn't like about that Crunch amp.

1. Its a class A/B amp, which are larger, less efficient, and run hotter than class D amps

2. Crunch plays the "Peak Power" game, which is a moderately dishonest way to market an amp. Its a 900 watt (maybe) amp, they should label it as such.

3. Its fuses lead me to believe it won't put out anywhere near 900 watts RMS. Class A/B amps are usually around 65% efficient or less, 80 amps * 14.4 volts * 65% = 748 watts

4. Its priced below $.12 a watt. Price certainly isn't everything and paying a lot doesn't guarantee anything, but people have a lot of bad experiences with amps that cheap.

5. It doesn't have a infrasonic (subsonic) filter.

If you are looking for a decent budget-price amp, HiFonics stuff usually isn't too bad. There are others as well.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

OP here's a Crunch amp which is class D at the same price, it's designed specifically for driving subs unlike the one you picked :

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_100201_Crunch-1-ohm-Stable-Class-D-Monoblock-PDX-2000.1D.html

Hifonics and crunch brands are currently made by the same manufacturer (Maxxonics) so I would expect them to be of pretty similar quality.

Hifonics and crunch brands are currently made by the same manufacturer (Maxxonics) so I would expect them to be of pretty similar quality.

LOL at me, I should have known this.

Builds:

Archived