Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate Power hx2 12" box specs

Ferra3904

Welcome, that driver is 1000W RMS rated you can't just push 2000 and see what happens.

I'm going to go off on a limb and guess he doesn't have perfect electrical. Factor in loss of power from voltage & impedance rise and I'm sure he'll be fine.

To answer your question ferra, it depends what kind of music you listen to. If you want deeper bass you may want to tune mid 30s.

Team Skar Audio

Team Hittlist

2014 Focus SE Hatchback (build in progress)

I have electrical to support this and way more. It never drops below 13.5v and I have a DC audio level 4 12 with all upgrades and it gets all the clean power it wants. I upgraded my electrical before I even started to select a sun and amp. I know how to set an amp to not clip or blow the sub. I just need a recommendation on the volume and tune for this sub. I've been doing this for awhile so just need suggestions on the topic at hand.

Don't run anything larger than what is recommended for that sub due to the amount of power you plan on putting on it. as far as tuning goes I would put it somewhere between 32-34hz, just make sure you aren't playing anything much lower than that.

Archived