08 SILVERADO BUILD (ZAPCO/STEVENS AUDIO)

Alright ladies and gentleman, been some time since I've been posting. Some may remember my Sable build with the single 12 off a Tru Hammer, and some may remember by Blazer I started with the same sub/amp combo but running a Hertz 3 way off a Linear Power 2.2hv.

Well both of those cars are gone, traded the sable for my wife's Acadia Denali, and traded the Blazer for my 2008 Silverado Crew Cab. Audio was put on the back burner, we welcomed our 3rd child last September and bought a new house around the same time, so priorities were getting accustomed to our new budget.

Well over the past few months things have been good, I've been piecing together an SQ setup, which stemmed from winning a set of Hybrid Audio Legatia pro tweeters at an SQ event. Well now the time has come, all equipment is here and all that's left is starting my fabrication.

Equipment is as follows

Pioneer AVH-X4800BS

Zapco 6ch DSP

Hybrid Audio Legatia tweeters

Silver Flute 6.5" 4ohm mids

12 inch Onyx sub

Soundstream D60 (tweeters)

Soundstream D100 (mids)

Soundstream D200 (sub)

All wiring is OFC Sky High

The stereo will be fully active, completely tuned through the DSP, and other than the radio, look completely stealth. Amp rack and sub will be under the rear seat.

Stay tuned....

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty truck you got there. I like the color even though I usually prefer blues and darker colors I still really like it. Tuned in for this build, interested in that under seat amp rack and sub stage.

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't see the posts you just made with all the equipment pics. I've never seen amps with such large heatsinks on the top like that.

That's a pretty truck you got there. I like the color even though I usually prefer blues and darker colors I still really like it. Tuned in for this build, interested in that under seat amp rack and sub stage.

I'm the same way, but couldn't pass up the deal. 08 with 60k miles for 19k, plus the color has grown on me.

I'm going to try my hand at the stacking method, so I'm anxious to see where it goes too.

We'll these amps are closing in on 30 years young, first generation Soundstream!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

We'll these amps are closing in on 30 years young, first generation Soundstream!!

That explains it. I've never really seen any "older" amps. But ya know if they get the job done and do it well, then that's what matters!

That explains it. I've never really seen any "older" amps. But ya know if they get the job done and do it well, then that's what matters!

I just had all 3 re-capped and they run like new. Won't be the loudest but they'll sound good.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

those tails look awesome! What process did you use? Obviously not the traditional nightshade rattle can job

No sir, no nightshade here. I'm a painter for Gerber Collision. I sand the lights with 600 grit, then I taped off the reverse light. Then I used our mid coat binder (used for pearl mid coats when you spray pearl white) and mixed a black tinting agent. For mine I sprayed 2 coats to get that shade I wanted where it wasn't too dark but still accented nicely. I let the lights sit for about 20 minutes and pulled the tape off. After that I sprayed 2 good coats of clear, baked the lights, wet sanded and buffed, and you see the final product above.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived