Second Skin Audio

Roof dents from wall build

dsw422

I just went through this. Used the same type of bit, drilled some holes, used a coat hanger and a hack saw blade to cut the foam between the board/roof where the dents are. Give it a day or two for the metal to take its shape back, then refill with foam in those places.

Awsome.. thanks for giving me hope.. lol

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10"

https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/

Ok.. so I drilled the holes and let it sit a couple days, but the metal only formed back slightly. Think a plunger could help?

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

Maybe try some compressed air in the hole. Wrap a rag around the end of your blow gun and stick it in the hole. I have used this method to unclog sink drains too.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Maybe try some compressed air in the hole. Wrap a rag around the end of your blow gun and stick it in the hole. I have used this method to unclog sink drains too.

Ok.. so I just tried this.. I worked on 2 of the spots. Though 1 will pop back if u touch it.. how do I prevent this?

Also, the other 2 haven't moved.. they aren't air tight like the others were so the air was escaping instead of pushing on the metal.. any ideas?

Thanks

2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan

1994 Ford Bronco

Dual head unit (i kno)

Sony door speakers

Kenwood Rear Speakers

You will usually have to drill a hole big enough to go in the hole with a 3/8 to 1/2 inch diameter wooden dowel or something similar like I said in my previous post.

Drilling the holes alone will not always work because you have other foam that has attached itself to the roof and the wood forming a bond.

So when you use a wooden dowel that fits in the hole you can easily break that bond apart. You want to use a dowel because its a flat end that wont puncture through your roof as easily as something like a screwdriver would.

Once you got the dent pushed back out go and squirt a little foam as far as you can away from the whole so it can expand and get fresh air from the hole you drilled.
Once that foam hardens you can try and do another decent squirt and let that cure, and then do another filling the hole closed which will most likely expand or drip out of the hole until it is fully cured.

Archived