Help major alarm issue 2001 sierra remote start

Help i had a viper 5706v installed on my truck yesterday when i use the remote start i get a ses light and the truck will not shift past 2nd gear ,i clear the code with a scanner and turn it manually with the key and all is fine no issue ,as soon as i remote start it the issue comes back the codes it throws are p0758 and p1860 this problem only happens when remote start is used. i returned to the shop today and explained to them and they lloked at me like i was stupid and said your tranny has nothing to do with the alarm installed and we will take a look when our installer whom is out of town all the sudden returns any help would be great the truck is still driveable if started with the key truck is a 2001 sierra 3500 sle 6.0 gas 4l80e trans

Try looking at the first and second ignitions. If the second ignition is not powered it can cause the CEL to come on during remote start, and or damage the automatic transmission.

MIDS-HIGHS

8-Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro 6.5's for now....

2-Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro 8's

4-Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro 1'' Neodymium tweeters

2-Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro 10's

AMPLIFIERS

4-Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdCP

2-Rockford Fosgate T1000-4ad

1-Rockford Fosgate T800-4ad

PROCESSING

1-Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

SUBWOOFERS

2-Rockford Fosgate T3S2 19's NEODYMIUM

No second ign remote start needs to energize white wire

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

• 1 year later...

Archived