Sonic Electronix

Sound deadening question. More deadener or better quality?

Lastly, through what medium do they usually post on their social media? (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, ext.)

As others have stated, very active on all their social media accounts.

Its best to follow all of them because sometimes they have different contests going for different media platforms.

I think just a few months ago they had a Instagram only give way, then a few weeks ago they had a spectrum sludge give away on here.

Then they just had a sale for veterans day.

They are very active!!

I don't know if this is against the rules or not, but there is a nice thread from another source where this guy did testing on all different types of deadener for a few years. If you have the time to go through it all, it's a good read. If not, just skip to the last page.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/146403-sound-deadening-cld-testing.html

That explains everything, your a millennial.

Maybe SecondSkin should just give it to you for free then because they obviously have more money then you, after all Im sure you deserve it.

Do a little at a time.

https://www.amazon.com/Second-Skin-Damplifier-Butyl-Deadener/dp/B0134VHSGK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479609201&sr=8-2&keywords=second+skin+damplifier+pro

I am in no way being a "millennial" and trying to get this for free. I am here to get knowledge from people who have done this before. I am hoping to find out if it's worth doing it at this price or if I have to just wait longer and save money when I can. Yes I'm a college student and don't have a whole lot of money, but I'm not acting like anybody owes me anything.

So to sum things up, no not worth it.

That thread is rather old, and still not 100% completed iirc the last time he posted he said he was closing it since he couldnt continue it and all the deadeners will be stored away until a later time.
I can know for a fact that a hand full of those brands are the same exact brand with different logos and they all tested way way way different.

Since then some of these brands are no more, while others have new owners and improved products ten fold.
It took him 3 years to do the test, so did said product sit untended for that time until he used it?

I am trying to decide weather to buy 36ft2 of stinger roadkill or to buy some knu Knoise kollosus that is only 14ft2. I am aiming to do the front doors, a little on the inside and sealing the large holes. Would it be better to buy roadkill so I can deaden more surface are like the doors and some of the floor or to buy the higher quality mat and only do some of the doors?

Less sqft amount of high quality American made butyl vibration mats is always better then more sqft amounts of low quantity vibration mats. Neither of those two brands uses American made butyl rubber, and both contain fillers. So which ever you decide with go with the higher actual butyl product. Just a friendly reminder we are having our largest sale of the year Friday so you could get very high quality American made butyl rubber vibration mats this Friday for 30% off. Good luck with your build.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

I don't know if this is against the rules or not, but there is a nice thread from another source where this guy did testing on all different types of deadener for a few years. If you have the time to go through it all, it's a good read. If not, just skip to the last page.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/146403-sound-deadening-cld-testing.html

I wouldn't call testing products in your moms basement with refrigerators, clocks, and dogs compromising the tests as "scientific", our testing and other brand testing costs $5,000 -$10,000 each time, and is done with all variables monitored properly. We also currently have some of our products being tested by Ohio State University sound study, that's good testing on a scientific level. It is a very good read and offers some insight into the world of deadeners and shows the companies that use cheap fillers (as their results are low) Our favorite part of his testing is not using our name when our brand is the only one that past his 300+ degree oven testing, we were merely referred to as the "other brand" because our high quality American made product is the ONLY butyl product that can withstand temperatures well up to 450 degrees.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

Brain and the rest of the SMD forum members, thanks for saving another man from going cheap in the butyl world.....Blake all their advice is spot on and correct, not because we are partner with SMD, but because we do not skimp and we do not sell inferior materials. Check out Fridays sale to maximize your budget, if not hit up some B stock when it is available....both of my cars have B Stock in them and I could use any product I need for my build. We are here to help all builders large and small......good luck on your build sir and please listen to these a=guys and insist on a high quality butyl product, no matter what brand you choose.

468x60.png

I wouldn't call testing products in your moms basement with refrigerators, clocks, and dogs compromising the tests as "scientific", our testing and other brand testing costs $5,000 -$10,000 each time, and is done with all variables monitored properly. We also currently have some of our products being tested by Ohio State University sound study, that's good testing on a scientific level. It is a very good read and offers some insight into the world of deadeners and shows the companies that use cheap fillers (as their results are low) Our favorite part of his testing is not using our name when our brand is the only one that past his 300+ degree oven testing, we were merely referred to as the "other brand" because our high quality American made product is the ONLY butyl product that can withstand temperatures well up to 450 degrees.

I agree that it isn't a high level of testing, but it does show the deadening comparisons with the waterfall graph which correlates to the dampening factor. It's a good read nonetheless and gives you an idea of what products are complete crap. On a side note with the heat testing, I think that completely factors in to what you're going install. I'm glad you're deadener can withstand up to 450 degrees, because if it gets that hot in my truck, I'm not going to be in it. :) I am trying to decide what brand I want to use for deadener. I have a 2010 dodge ram 1500 crew cab if you'd be interested in the amount I need and what it's going to cost. ;) 25% coverage with cld in the whole interior of truck, ccf, and mlv. I've seen your website and not too sure if it's an exact or an estimate. I like specifics. :)

Archived