Jump to content

A Technician's Delight: Fresh Capacitors!


Recommended Posts

Posted

b603f539498a2e8dae5203d9ba41607a.jpg

54409264fd67b268d8f8638db36b18ab.jpg

3cf199e3316bc773b4d74dcd390a631e.jpg

Just got an order of capacitors in.

These are the smaller ones you usually see on amplifiers in the power supply section.

I got a good deal if I bought 1000 of them in bulk manufacturer direct.

Not a bad brand either, they're a mid tier brand and low ESR.

For a listing of most common capacitors to see which are good and bad, visit http://capacitorlist.com/

But yeah, not selling these, they are for personal use for whenever I need them. They're an extremely common size so I'll probably use them over the next 2 years.

But yeah, I'm absolutely giddy about these, fresh parts are always exciting, especially when they haven't sat on a shelf for 2 years in a stocking house.

Posted

That's a lot of caps. Do you have a repair business or just do repairs on the side?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

That's a lot of caps. Do you have a repair business or just do repairs on the side?

Repair business.

Currently going over the SMD regulations as far as becoming a SMD Seller Member goes so I can advertise my business on the site.

I'd love to do repairs for you guys and advertise, but as of now I'm not allowed to do that, so I'm not.

And I'm gonna say this so I don't get in trouble: I am not advertising this to ShadeTreeMechanic, just explaining what's going on.

But yeah, currently going over this to see if it's right for me.

Edit: Oh yeah and 90% of these caps are probably gonna be used on computer power supplies.

I get computers in weekly that have blown shitty output caps and these were a cheap solution to having to buy small ammounts of expensive low ESR Nichcons.

I have a friend in the pro audio community saying he's seen this brand around in the mid tier electronics and never really complained about them.

They're more common to be found in the UK, rather than in the US. Not sure why.

But hey, they were cheap and they're definitely good. They're not undersized in any way (good indication as if a cap can do what it's rated) and they're high temp.

So yeah, they fit the bill nicely.

Posted

That's a lot of caps. Do you have a repair business or just do repairs on the side?

Repair business.

Currently going over the SMD regulations as far as becoming a SMD Seller Member goes so I can advertise my business on the site.

I'd love to do repairs for you guys and advertise, but as of now I'm not allowed to do that, so I'm not.

And I'm gonna say this so I don't get in trouble: I am not advertising this to ShadeTreeMechanic, just explaining what's going on.

But yeah, currently going over this to see if it's right for me.

Edit: Oh yeah and 90% of these caps are probably gonna be used on computer power supplies.

I get computers in weekly that have blown shitty output caps and these were a cheap solution to having to buy small ammounts of expensive low ESR Nichcons.

I have a friend in the pro audio community saying he's seen this brand around in the mid tier electronics and never really complained about them.

They're more common to be found in the UK, rather than in the US. Not sure why.

But hey, they were cheap and they're definitely good. They're not undersized in any way (good indication as if a cap can do what it's rated) and they're high temp.

So yeah, they fit the bill nicely.

Hope you can get that SMD thing sorted out. I'm sure many people could benefit from your services!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3006 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...