Second Skin Audio

It will be under his seat right? Doubt it will go anywhere if he uses 2 part epoxy. Will probably have to rip up the damp pro with the mount if he ever takes it out

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I'm not worried about the epoxy, even though it's thick foil it's still foil. You can pretty easily cut that shit with a box cutter. The foil can very possibly tear. It would have to pull away from the butyl andhesice stuff too but it's just a bad idea. And what's the point? Why not just mount them the normal way, I must have missed this somewhere.

I do agree with you though, it probably won't go anywhere. Just seems like a dumb idea.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

No way in hell I would trust that. You mean no screws to actually mount the spacers right?

Yes no screws for that amp under the front seat. I dont think i need extreme strength to stop an amp from moving around under a seat. Im not a racer or a drifter lol. There shouldnt be much force moving an amp thats layed flat on the floor of the car. If i get in some kind of an accident, i dont think id be worried about an amp.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I'm not worried about the epoxy, even though it's thick foil it's still foil. You can pretty easily cut that shit with a box cutter. The foil can very possibly tear. It would have to pull away from the butyl andhesice stuff too but it's just a bad idea. And what's the point? Why not just mount them the normal way, I must have missed this somewhere.

I do agree with you though, it probably won't go anywhere. Just seems like a dumb idea.

It might be a dumb idea. Im very new to this. Reason for me not using screws is im too worried about screwing into the floor where i cant tell whats under it. I looked under the car and theres stuff there but what is it? Idk lol it all just looks like metal to me, i cant tell whats what under the car, only thing i can identify under there is the exhaust pipes. So i started looking for alternative techniques to mount an amp to the floor and be secure. Thats where the epoxy idea came about. I could just epoxy the bracket to the metal body, but "if" i ever decide to take that amp and mount out, i think it would be harder if it was epoxied to the actual metal. With the damplifier i could just cut out the exact shape under the bracket, and rip up the damplifer, up comes the damp and bracket..... Then just cut a new peice of damp and lay it in there...good as new. Seems reasonable to me.

Our 6.5 mil foil will not tear from the gravity, weight, and inertia (or whatever scientific stuff that may occur) from a hard brake check. Yes it does cut with a sharp blade, but it also dulls those same blades very quickly because of its thickness. I personally would not recommend this type of a mount job either. But all he asked is if epoxy will stick to the top of our foil, and our foil is painted with a primer type paint that is great for adhesion since so many other types of products are meant to be adhered to it.

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png