Second Skin Audio

Easy way to recone this thing?

gsean430

So i have a fosgate t1 15 that i kinda overpowered in a oversized sealed box, and cracked my dustcap some how. The dustcap (aluminum) i guess also punctured the cone and had ripped off of the rubber surround.. well i was told by a speaker repair shop that i have to grind the old cone off the voice coil to fit the cone on?? ? Why couldnt i just cut the cone around the coil and leave enough cone to place the new cone on top?

8AA21D55-A813-417C-8791-690C114DB6A0_zps

Hey guys new issue. Looks like the cone the speaker repair shop gave me was for a fosgate T2. The problem i am having is now is there is no replacement cone for the newer fosgate t1's. The problem i am having is the cone detached itself from its rubber surround. Please give me advice as im am pretty upset that i didnt get much play time with this subwoofer and still works great, this seperating cone/dusk cap issue is really starting to get to me

Thansk for the reply man but i'd rather not spend almost 100$ on a kit when it doesnt even come with a dust cap or cone

Im just going to glue it back together. Does anyone know the glue that is used that is used to bond the cone to the rubber surround? Or anything better i could use to make sure it doesnt come off again?

Some kind of 5min epoxy. You will have a hard time keeping this thing together. What amp do you have it on? You have a local speaker repair shop? That's cool.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Some kind of 5min epoxy. You will have a hard time keeping this thing together. What amp do you have it on? You have a local speaker repair shop? That's cool.

What is this 5 min epoxy you are talking about?? I have a alpine mrp2000 and unfortunately i have no subwoofer repair near me ?

You should be able to get it at a home improvement center.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived