Parker Grundy Posted December 13, 2016 Report Posted December 13, 2016 This is my first "real" build. Before, I had 2 15 in. Boston g2 subs in my 93 explorer. They were in a sealed 4 cu prefab box on a planet audio 2 channel. I powered it off my cigarette lighter with 15 awg...lol. I didn't know any better. Anywho, about 9 months ago we sold my explorer to the dealership, mom got a new sonata, and i got her "old" 13 sonata. Only problem was no bassss. I joined this forum 7 months ago, and have been coming back most every day since. I work in the computer lab at my school, and have way too much of not doing anything. A couple months ago, I started working a second job delivering for amazon, and saved up some money. Decided it was hella time to get the bass back. I had to keep the system small, cause I need space in my trunk so I can make money and upgrade my electrical and speakers. As the title says, I got an SSA ICON 12 d2, and made a sealed box for it at 1.08 cu net, which is right smack in the middle of SSA's sealed recommendations of .9-1.25. I'm running the sub in series at 4 ohms right now. I'm running it off of a US Acoustics Mike - 1500 rms. Their website says it does 375 rms at 4 ohms, rather than the 800 rms at 4 ohms their booklet that came with the amp says :/ , and 1500 rms at 1 ohm. Decided 4 ohm for my electrical's sake (thinking 800 rms), until I upgrade it, but found the sonic electronics video where they state how to set amp gains, and they say (v^2 / Ohms) = Watts your giving to the sub. So I first measured her at 4.5 ohms, and later on yesterday measured her at 4 ohms...at the hardest of bass drops it's put out 75 volts, so (75^2 / 4) = 1400 watts or 1250 at 4 ohms. Is this right? Anywho, on to the build... Comments, answers, questions, and constructive criticism are all welcome. Free carbon fiber dustcapJ I kinda like to see how things are shipped, idk might just be me… First box I’ve made. Duratex - textured speaker cabinet roll-on paint. Titebond ultimate wood glue, 1 5/8 and 2 ½ in screws, and bondo. My friend’s dad had a router, and we made a circle cutting jig. Didn’t get a pic, but I got as much deadener on the inside of the trunk lid as I could, and deadened the 4 irregular squares, and “ccf’ed” the entire trunk lid panel/skin/whatever. Trunk lid is heavy af, well not crazy, but no rattling and makes a gud thud when closing it. I went around, knocking the shit out of my trunk, figuring out the best places to put the deadener. Same with the top of the rear deck, didn't get a pick tho. CCF, fattest sheet metal screws that’d fit in the amp-holios, and lock washers. That amp is hella secure. Couldn’t fit my 1/0 lugs in the crimper, ended up putting her in the vice, hammered, tightened, hammered…till I could fit her in the crimpa. The sub terminals were not quite made for 8 awg… The middle pic on the right is how the inside part of the binding post was done. Sky high stripper/cutter thingy sucks for trying to cut 1/0 fyi. 1st cut=nb, all other=kill me. I bought the sky high 1/0 battery terminal thingies…. Then looked at my battery terminals…whoops. My sonata has a 4 awg factory big 3 done already. I’m gonna add 1/0 eventually. The shunt does what shunts do and tells dat der alt to dun mor powr. 14 awg=hard to get hu back in. lots-oh-velcro(industrial) Same velcro for the lc2i. Techflex and 1/0 to 4awg reducers. Split the 8 awg into both terminals, I don’t see a problem with this, do u? (wouldn’t fit) Still a bunch of space for delivering packages, or lugging a couple instruments around. Far enuf back, so I can have the seats up and still bump.
twalker182 Posted December 13, 2016 Report Posted December 13, 2016 Nice! Did all that come from SSA? 2010 Accord Sedan XS D3400R Clarion HU Sundown mids and highs Incriminator amps Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"
Parker Grundy Posted December 13, 2016 Author Report Posted December 13, 2016 Most of it, got stuff from eBay, Amazon, and home depot too. Oh and a 1 amp fuse from autozone.
twalker182 Posted December 13, 2016 Report Posted December 13, 2016 Great guys over there. Won't buy from anyone else. 2010 Accord Sedan XS D3400R Clarion HU Sundown mids and highs Incriminator amps Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"
kryptonite Posted December 13, 2016 Report Posted December 13, 2016 Awesome budget build DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
twalker182 Posted December 13, 2016 Report Posted December 13, 2016 Did you try rear-firing your sub? 2010 Accord Sedan XS D3400R Clarion HU Sundown mids and highs Incriminator amps Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"
Parker Grundy Posted December 13, 2016 Author Report Posted December 13, 2016 Nah I didn't, since I'll still need to put packages back there
KING1 Posted December 14, 2016 Report Posted December 14, 2016 Awesome build ! http://www.k1attire.com
notorious97200 Posted December 14, 2016 Report Posted December 14, 2016 That is clean. Nice work. I hope you like that sub : it sound so good. I see people try to seal around the box, so that everything fires through the cabin. black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.