Jkeen1978 Posted December 21, 2016 Report Posted December 21, 2016 Can someone tell me what hertz kenwoods KFC-w3016ps call for? obviously I don't know what I'm doing but I can't seem to find it anywhere
3vil Posted December 21, 2016 Report Posted December 21, 2016 Their free air resonance (Fs) is 20.1Hz, is that what you meant?
Jkeen1978 Posted December 21, 2016 Author Report Posted December 21, 2016 I'm trying to figure out what to tune my box to
SkarredSierra Posted December 21, 2016 Report Posted December 21, 2016 Tune around 35 hz. I had 4 of the older models that these replaced in my blazer. 1.5 cubes per sub after displacement tuned to 35 hz should work great.
Jkeen1978 Posted December 21, 2016 Author Report Posted December 21, 2016 Ok. My box is 2.15 each before displacement. So with the bigger box I should tune a little lower,say 32hz. Am I correct?
SkarredSierra Posted December 21, 2016 Report Posted December 21, 2016 I wouldnt run those subs in a box that big. You may have problems with the subs bottoming out.
Jkeen1978 Posted December 21, 2016 Author Report Posted December 21, 2016 Right now I have them in a sealed box that's about 1.5 per sub. Sound OK but I was hoping to get a little more out of them by going with ported enclosure. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
neuspeedescort Posted December 21, 2016 Report Posted December 21, 2016 depending on your install can you do an external port? if you have 1.5 sealed. people are recommending that as a ported airspace. maybe just adding a port to the outside is what is best. if not permanent at least you then have an idea of the way they will sound.
Jkeen1978 Posted December 21, 2016 Author Report Posted December 21, 2016 The box their in now did have a slot port in the center but Kenwood recommended a ported box from 1.75 to 2.5 and .75 to 1.5 sealed so I just capped off the port. This was the reason I was going to use this new box. at 2.15 it's well under the 2.5 Ported limit that's recommended but I never could come up with enough information to find what to tune the box to. Suggestions?
reedal Posted December 21, 2016 Report Posted December 21, 2016 what type of music do you listen to? that will help determine what your tuning should be. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.