Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

What to upgrade next... Add a sub, amp, or battery


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm currently using a Soundqubed HDS312(1200w RMS, 2400 peak) powered by a CT Sounds 1400.1 off a XS D5100. I'm looking to add another HDS312 but I'm not sure if the one amp will be able to support the two. If not, I can get another 1400 to strap but would that require another battery in the back? Im currently riding a Genesis Coupe so there aren't any H/O Alts on the market for me. Would the single 1400.1 be enough or do I need to get the Batt and Amp first?

Posted

I would get a battery first. It should allow you to play a little louder and you might not need another sub.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

That 1400 puts out a lot of power. I had one and ran a soundqubed hdc 3.1 12 dual 1 ohm sub at .5 ohms and the amp took the abuse.

is your sub dual 1ohm dual 2 or dual 4?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Posted
36 minutes ago, oldsoundguy said:

That 1400 puts out a lot of power. I had one and ran a soundqubed hdc 3.1 12 dual 1 ohm sub at .5 ohms and the amp took the abuse.

is your sub dual 1ohm dual 2 or dual 4?

It is dual 2

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 995 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...