Second Skin Audio

Weird request for box design for 2 RE audioXXX 6.5 woofers

oldsoundguy

I have two of these 6.5 woofers that I took out of my truck and just sitting around. They came in a component set and put out great bass. I wanted for fun to put them in some kind of ported enclosure but really don't have any idea on what kind of box size and tuning for these. If anyone could help me out that would be so cool of you. I know JoeX does box designs but not sure if this is up your alley. Thanks

Kevin

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Component speakers are designed to operate in an infinite baffle setup or large sealed box, usually not well suited for ported, to find out for sure what they may do in ported you would need t/s parameters if you can find them, a large sealed separate chambers box is what's likely to work, if you still itch for small things that make a lot of bass there are subs for that, one could try a 6th order box on those little subs, that should be interesting.

11 hours ago, Joe X said:

Component speakers are designed to operate in an infinite baffle setup or large sealed box, usually not well suited for ported, to find out for sure what they may do in ported you would need t/s parameters if you can find them, a large sealed separate chambers box is what's likely to work, if you still itch for small things that make a lot of bass there are subs for that, one could try a 6th order box on those little subs, that should be interesting.

I sent RE an email asking for any parameters if they had them. I am just more playing around with the idea and not really trying to get max spl out of these speakers. Just want to see what I can do with them.

Thanks for the Reply Joe.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived