Sonic Electronix

Noise from speakers after running from factory amp to new 5ch.

That doesnt make sense tho. How is a speaker going to make noise with no power going to it? U say u disconnect the amp and theres still sound. That means the sound ur hearing isnt even coming from any speakers. 

headunit Speaker wires connected to the Loc input. Loc output rcas to the NEW AMP. New amp to the speakers. Thats how u have it set up right? Youve completly taken out the factory amp right, or atleast disconnected every wire it has?

40 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

That doesnt make sense tho. How is a speaker going to make noise with no power going to it? U say u disconnect the amp and theres still sound. That means the sound ur hearing isnt even coming from any speakers. 

headunit Speaker wires connected to the Loc input. Loc output rcas to the NEW AMP. New amp to the speakers. Thats how u have it set up right? Youve completly taken out the factory amp right, or atleast disconnected every wire it has?

if im reading it right, he's trying to say the speakers are connected to the amp, and still hissing even when he removes the input rca signal.  not when he disconnects the speakers from the amp.

but i could be wrong.  and if the speakers make noise with nothing connected, well, his car might be haunted.

40 minutes ago, bmwking said:

if im reading it right, he's trying to say the speakers are connected to the amp, and still hissing even when he removes the input rca signal.  not when he disconnects the speakers from the amp.

but i could be wrong.  and if the speakers make noise with nothing connected, well, his car might be haunted.

Oh ok, didnt see it from that view. So the amp is still on with power just no headunit signal and the amp is causing static sounds. Probably a power/ground issue then huh?

haunted lol i was thinking the same like wtf ghost speakers? Lol

57 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Oh ok, didnt see it from that view. So the amp is still on with power just no headunit signal and the amp is causing static sounds. Probably a power/ground issue then huh?

haunted lol i was thinking the same like wtf ghost speakers? Lol

either power/ground or a dirty amp.  im having a similar issue right now, but have to try new rcas, relocating ground before i complain to the company.

23 hours ago, 06RTCharger said:

Yes, it I have just the amp and the speakers no input on the amp I get the hiss and doesn't change with gain up or done. I moved my ground and it still does it so I'm going to say its the amp and have it looked at.

The new ground was like 5" and to the seat bolt with no paint. So if its not the amp I have no idea.

21 hours ago, bmwking said:

either power/ground or a dirty amp.  im having a similar issue right now, but have to try new rcas, relocating ground before i complain to the company.

Thanks and that's what I was afraid of....for fun I'm going to run it off a batt. and hook a speaker to it our of the car and see then Ill know for sure. Thanks for the info.

Well found out the issue is the amp itself so sucks but glad all my work is good...I hooked the amp to another car with no inputs and a cheap radio shack 8ohm speaker and noise will still there....so will have the manufacture look at it when I can do with out.

Thanks for all the help/info.

Archived