timdier Posted January 23, 2017 Report Posted January 23, 2017 I am wanting to build a box for 4 15s in the trunk of my mustang I'm gonna be using p3 rockford I believe the dv4s wired to a rockford t2500 amp at one ohm but just curious what would be the best way to build it thought about subs pointing up and port ran threw the back deck looking for ideas
06RTCharger Posted January 24, 2017 Report Posted January 24, 2017 Dayum, lol. Four 15s in a mustang trunk, that'll be some work. I Wonder how many cubes 4 of those need. The site says 2.66 for one sub. Around 10.5 cubic feet of air space. Not sure if thats how it work when adding more subs. You should add the dimensions of ur available space so maybe the box guys can help u out.
jk13 Posted January 24, 2017 Report Posted January 24, 2017 Mustang's trunk is 13.1 cu. ft. gross. Might want to come up with a plan b. Static drops are my bag.
timdier Posted January 24, 2017 Author Report Posted January 24, 2017 I was think some fiberglass work in the spare tire holder for some extra cubes I'm not 100 percent sure but I was thinking a 40x34xhowever tall I can get or need to get the cubes I need I can build a 40x13x10 in the front then in the back part of trunk has a 45x24x18 that's why I was going with the idea of the subs facing upwards I have been out of the system game for about 6 years now so I don't know as much as I once did lol I know it will be a tight squeeze but I don't mind the work it's just a project car 8
jk13 Posted January 24, 2017 Report Posted January 24, 2017 If you build a box the entire size of the trunk with the subs facing up and port it into the car, when you close the trunk you'll basically have a very poorly sealed 4th order with a tiny, tiny sealed side. You would be far better off performance-wise with a different plan. Static drops are my bag.
timdier Posted January 24, 2017 Author Report Posted January 24, 2017 OK thanks for your input maybe I will go with just two for now until I'm ready to do away with the back seat so any ideas on what would be the best way to build it
timdier Posted January 24, 2017 Author Report Posted January 24, 2017 I want something that will really beat the block down I'm upgrading all my miss and highs to Rockford as well and gonna run them off of a t400 Rockford amp
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.