ALDJ253 Posted February 2, 2017 Report Posted February 2, 2017 I am looking for a new set up. I am wanting a single 12 inch, and am trying to get a box in my trunk that will give me more than the one I currently have. My current box is (W) 30.00" x (H) 13.75" x (D) 17.25". I would like to at least shave a few inches off the width and maybe the depth so I can push the sub box all the way to the back of my rear passenger seats in my 2004 Acura TSX, allowing my to have more trunk space. I am looking for around 600 watts rms to the sub, as to not strain my alternator too much (have been told my car can handle 1000 watts RMS stock, so maybe give or take some watts). I am trying to keep it fairly cheap without skimping out on the sub and the amp. I have seen this amp https://www.amazon.com/AudioPipe-APCL15001D-Power-Class-Amplifier/dp/B00BW54418, and have seen people testing it to actually be underrated. Does anyone have their own personal opinions? I have no idea if my goal is SQ or SPL, because I have never truly experience both, since I am not that experienced when it comes to different set ups. I think something just significantly better than what I am running is what I want, which is Prefab Bbox Dual 12 ported EDSV12 (Definitely not going prefab on my next one) 2 x Memphis pr12d4v2 subs wired each to 8 ohms, since they have separate terminals. Both put into the one channel on the monoblock, creating a 4 ohm load (two 8ohm subs in parallel, tested it with my DMM to make sure my math is right) Kenwood KAC-8105D (Had the above subs wired at 1 ohm for a while. wear and tear is definitely showing. Got the load wired to 4 ohms, and the amp is still alive playing my music.)
ALDJ253 Posted February 2, 2017 Author Report Posted February 2, 2017 Here are some subs I have looking into that would work fairly well with the amp I listed, I think. (Opinions on the subs are welcome) - SSA Gcon - DD Level 2 - Soundqubed HDS 212 - RF P3 - Sundown SA 12
Skullz Posted February 2, 2017 Report Posted February 2, 2017 http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/alpha-series-alpha-12/ 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ALDJ253 Posted February 2, 2017 Author Report Posted February 2, 2017 7 hours ago, Skullz said: http://www.ficaraudio.com/product/alpha-series-alpha-12/ Looks like a nice sub, and Fi is good, as far as I have heard. But may I ask why this sub over the ones I listed?
Skullz Posted February 2, 2017 Report Posted February 2, 2017 Fi oems SSA and it is a steal at that cost. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ALDJ253 Posted February 2, 2017 Author Report Posted February 2, 2017 32 minutes ago, Skullz said: Fi oems SSA and it is a steal at that cost. What size box would it need to go in, and tuned to what frequency?
Skullz Posted February 2, 2017 Report Posted February 2, 2017 Depends and what your looking for, but anything from 1.75 to 2.25cf and tuning anywhere from 32 to 42, but it really depends on your preference. Once you know what sub you'll be running anyone building your enclosure will know the best enclosure for your application 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ckeeler11 Posted February 8, 2017 Report Posted February 8, 2017 On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 AM, ALDJ253 said: Here are some subs I have looking into that would work fairly well with the amp I listed, I think. (Opinions on the subs are welcome) - SSA Gcon Very nice sub. good sound quality. On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 AM, ALDJ253 said: - DD Level 2 nice sub as well more SPL On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 AM, ALDJ253 said: - Soundqubed HDS 212 Geared towards SPL is also a decent sub. On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 AM, ALDJ253 said: - RF P3 no! On 2/2/2017 at 3:04 AM, ALDJ253 said: - Sundown SA 12 Nice sub I would put just under the Gcon. Gets loud and sounds good.
ALDJ253 Posted February 8, 2017 Author Report Posted February 8, 2017 55 minutes ago, ckeeler11 said: Very nice sub. good sound quality. nice sub as well more SPL Geared towards SPL is also a decent sub. no! Nice sub I would put just under the Gcon. Gets loud and sounds good. How would you say the American Bass XFL compares to the Gcon 12?
ckeeler11 Posted February 8, 2017 Report Posted February 8, 2017 AB is well built and geared towards SPL. So depending on what you want the Gcon will have better sound quality and maybe not quite as loud.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.