Dual Alternator Kit In Car Audio Mag.

If you want the ability to manually turn one on and off then a relay would help. Really not sure on why they said its crucial in order charge must be separate. Load of poo!!! Steve's banging 4 tied to one MLA module and even before the module.

Not in our instructions we can do up to 5 alts without any relay. Thanks we will look into what reasons are behind their madness.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Load of poo!!! Steve's banging 4 tied to one MLA module.

MLA

You have a way with words my friend.

Looking casually at those pics I see a 3G FORD alternator hacked onto a GM vehicle. I can promise that if the GM AD244 alternator in that photo ever sees a full load the belt will squeal like a pig. That install needs an idler & a longer belt to get a full wrap on both alternator pulleys.

Given that they are running basically two systems, each with it's own battery - I can't explain what a relay would be needed for. The 3G ford only needs about a 23ma signal to turn on - a 12v source fed through a 510 ohm resistor. I guess that Chebby's ignition circuit could not handle the extra load...

"load of Poo" indeed

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

all that relay does is completely isolate the secondary charging system. It uses an input from the primary turn on wire to activate the relay which gets it's 12v from the secondary battery. The second alt only charges the second battery and is never tied to the primary charging system. To me it is useless. The point of having dual alternators is to get the most amperage possible, you are leaving some on the table when you isolate the two systems cause you never use all that the stock alt can provide. In theory it is the "correct" way to isolate two 12v systems since nothing is ever bridged between the two.

not necessary at all

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Or we can do both ford / GM alts in one module. Sorry had to bragg a little, hell maybe we should be on caraudiomag.com.

LOL . Hope you guys agree we have made thing a little easier.

Thanks,MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

Archived