Sonic Electronix

On 14/03/2017 at 10:18 PM, boogie0410 said:

Yea four 8 is like two 15s!? I'm just saying like two in the right size box vs four in the wrong size box.

NO, NO, NO : 4 8s are not like 2 15s !
Surface (cone) area : PI x R²

So 4 8s => 4 x PI x 4² = 201.06 sq inches

2 15s => 2 x PI x 7.5² = 353.4 sq inches  Totally different, quite the double.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

If you're trying to raise the seats, you should do 10" or 12" subs. They will perform much better than 8s, even sealed.

A single 10" ported can do the trick, if you don't want to spend a lot.

For mids and highs, just do a 2 way upfront : it will be much easier, and can sound veeeeery good too !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

i dont have a ton of pics, i built and installed it for him, now its out in his garage- picked up a yukon cause he got the itch for more bass.. 

the bottom of the box was flat.. now i know there is a very slight bump in the floor like a "trans tunnel" which i stomped flat too make the box sit flat 

Archived