2009 Mercury Mainer HU & Speaker install

Now to install FAST RING system and mount the new speakers.

IMG_2860_zpsnuyzbazv.jpg

IMG_2862_zpsdamvhowb.jpg

IMG_2864_zpssvejqd8b.jpg

IMG_2865_zpsspicm3gi.jpg

These speaker came out of the front doors. Coax with crossover.

IMG_2868_zps2mbcsred.jpg

IMG_2869_zpsmed6qvwf.jpg

Between helping my son i got the HU out.

IMG_2863_zpshd8ma0ni.jpg

IMG_2870_zpsvspbr6pt.jpg

IMG_2873_zps8skltjm4.jpg

IMG_2874_zpsmrtvotht.jpg

Pretty straight forward install. My son was a ton help and had a blast doing it together. I think his soon to be wife will love the improved looks and functions. Not to mention it rocks with a little help of this...

IMG_2854_zpswur3mqip.jpg

Ford factory 8" sub and amp. Performs pretty good, wouldn't take much to upgrade that in the future. lol

So over all system sounds loud and pretty clean. My son says it's night and day difference. So that's nice to hear, he couldn't believe how good the FAST RINGS worked. He could tell a difference right away in the new set up. Hard to tell how much is speaker vs Rings.

So everyone has bass but him LOL maybe he will get of his ass and start buying stuff. I really enjoy these simple upgrades and end up turning out a killer product. We made good time. Started at 9am and was done by 2pm, just about how long i figured.

Fomoco speakers. Thats funny I know what it means but still funny. 

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

1 hour ago, oldsoundguy said:

Fomoco speakers. Thats funny I know what it means but still funny. 

I know right! This is a coax and part of there high end system because it has a tweeter. lol All and all system came out being better than it was, my sons already talking about getting a nicer HU to install next fall/winter. But he is now serious about stocking up on goodies for his truck. He wanted FR T1 equipment and i said he should look into Focal, Hertz, Hybrid Audio if he wants a killer front stage for his truck. So we will see. Left to his devices he got this Boss HU so i hope he takes my advice.

He should listen to you. lol   you have heard and used quite a few different speakers.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• 11 months later...

Update on this build is that the Boss HU was draining the battery even when off. He went thru a couple battery's, ECU took a shit some how and cost him close to 2 Grand with paying mechanics to trouble shoot, battery's and a new ECU. Mostly from a cheap Boss HU and a cheap interface unit. His wife has been without tunes for 6 months, maybe longer. 

He ordered a Pioneer App HU at her choosing and getting the right PAC with steering wheel controls. Should be in this week for me to solder up and replace HU. Horrible expensive lesson to not buy cheap shit. Pics to follow when i get the harness and HU.

Archived