Second Skin Audio

What is the best tuning hz?

1 minute ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Thats a lot of power and not a lot of space to work with.  Its going to make things challenging.  Even with as much as 40 sq in of port area you are probably going to have port noise when you turn the volume up.  You are going to have a sizable peak in output in the mid 30 hz region as well.  

Given you size constraints your plan for 2 cu ft at 32 hz is probably about the best compromise you are going to get. 

What about using the lower end AMPERE AUDIO AA-2.5-12-RVE with the same kinda box? I'm going to guess a lot of music would be in the 40-60's hz range what would the tuning have to be to be in that kinda area and be able to go up in the 120hz just so I have a good range of frequency to play with?

8 minutes ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

What about using the lower end AMPERE AUDIO AA-2.5-12-RVE with the same kinda box? I'm going to guess a lot of music would be in the 40-60's hz range what would the tuning have to be to be in that kinda area and be able to go up in the 120hz just so I have a good range of frequency to play with?

The AA-2.5 will have a smoother frequency response, so that's good.  

Tuning frequency doesn't limit your upper bandwidth.  To get a wider frequency range you would actually want to tune lower, which will further smooth out the frequency response.  

Honestly, with the amount of money you are looking at spending on the amp and sub, I'd consider getting something with proven performance for what you want to do, like this: https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-2000

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 minute ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

The AA-2.5 will have a smoother frequency response, so that's good.  

Tuning frequency doesn't limit your upper bandwidth.  To get a wider frequency range you would actually want to tune lower, which will further smooth out the frequency response.  

Honestly, with the amount of money you are looking at spending on the amp and sub, I'd consider getting something with proven performance for what you want to do, like this: https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-2000

I already own the crown XLS 2502 and need a good use for it, I get where you are going with this but that was a reason why I wanted to do this kind of project I know how good SVS Sound is but I wanted something that will go SUPER LOUD when I wanted to blast it but also sound good and so this is why I wanted to go passive I own a Klipsch sw-112 it's only 300 watts RMS but it ain't loud enough before it starts to kinda distort at 75% volume.

22 hours ago, Joe X said:

It's for home audio.

Ah I figured some old timers would get the joke

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

23 hours ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

If it helps here's the projected response of the AA-2.5-12 without a car cabin gain, 2 cubic feet net @32Hz:

image.jpg

Outside a car ported loses gain fast below tuning, as you can see about -6dB at 25Hz, if you play rap and stuff like that you will be missing some lower notes with that box. here's how it looks 2.2 net tuned to 28Hz box (in yellow):

fr2.jpg

On those specs you are only at about -3dB at 25Hz even if room gain is very weak, it will let you listen better to lower notes.

Archived