What kind of enclosure should I buy?

7 minutes ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

So how loud is the single 15" vs my current klipsch sw-112? it is 116db @30hz and 106db @40hz but i'm not sure if this is rms or peak db for the klipsch? but would that single 15" dayton out preform the klipsch this is my main reason for upgrading?

The Dayton RSS390HO-4 in a 4 cu ft enclosure ported to 28 Hz on 800 watts RMS (what its rated for), should put out about 133 db at 30 Hz and 132 at 40 Hz.  These numbers are estimations based on simulation software, real world results may vary, but you can rest assured it would stomp all over your Klipsch.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

2 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

The Dayton RSS390HO-4 in a 4 cu ft enclosure ported to 28 Hz on 800 watts RMS (what its rated for), should put out about 133 db at 30 Hz and 132 at 40 Hz.  These numbers are estimations based on simulation software, real world results may vary, but you can rest assured it would stomp all over your Klipsch.  

Ok sounds about the right deal i'm really thinking about getting this 15" Dayton subwoofer is there a different site that may sell that same sub enclosure from what you have provided above?

8 minutes ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

Ok sounds about the right deal i'm really thinking about getting this 15" Dayton subwoofer is there a different site that may sell that same sub enclosure from what you have provided above?

Not that I know of.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

8 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Not that I know of.  

When I get this subwoofer will I be able to hook it up to my amplifier in bridged mode but what I have always done with subwoofers was to invert them from normal 0 degrees to 180 degrees just by reversing the polarity of the wires how would I do this with a bridged amplifier? 

2 hours ago, THE BASS LOVER said:

When I get this subwoofer will I be able to hook it up to my amplifier in bridged mode but what I have always done with subwoofers was to invert them from normal 0 degrees to 180 degrees just by reversing the polarity of the wires how would I do this with a bridged amplifier? 

Just switch the wires at the sub instead of the amp. Same deal. 

Archived