Second Skin Audio

Box help 2X old p3d412's

SNYPER

19 hours ago, SNYPER said:

Ok first off thanks again Joe for the layout the subs far passed my expectations shit is bumping hard and everything on the amp and head unit are basically turned all the way down its late i been at it all day wiring lights ect,tomorrow ill tune in the freq and set.  I tested each coil = 4ohm dead on,paralleled the 2 coils tested = 2 ohm dead on,when i parallel the 2 speakers together on my bolt terminals it fluctuates a bit and i let the meter sit a minute and it hit 1.2 then 1.1 and stayed there.

You're welcome, great work on the box, since the individual coils meter the same I wouldn't be concerned, the multimeter may be off a little on the high side.

On 4/9/2017 at 5:37 PM, Joe X said:

So here is a suggestion, subs / port firing back, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: You need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

image.jpg

tportsingle.jpg

I dont have a dd1 or oscilliscope,anyone have any tips on setting amp either by ear or via multimeter or just general range i should set?

i watched sonic electronics multimeter vid but im a bit confused

1) amp running at 1ohm is supposed to push 2,300 w4

2) speakers are 4ohm but since im wired for 1 ohm do i now multiply rms times 1 or still by 4?

3)low pass filter generally set to resonant freq which is 29hz per spec sheet but the adjustment is from 50-220?

EDIT0 manual is diff than actual amp,, the amp has gain-subsonic(set at 28)-BASS EQ is 0db to 12db=im at 1/4 turn atm and LPF 40hz to 220 hz i went about half which is what 130?

last but not least does remote gain overide gain on the actual amp?

Archived