Sonic Electronix

My music keeps cutting out at high volumes. It is only for a second until i turn it down. I have a pioneer head unit but forgot the specifics, though i used to play at volume 42. I have to play around 38 and even now it still cuts out.  i have 4 5.25" kickers all off deck power, which could be drawing too much power. I do have an 1100 watt amp, which dims the HU. Though i can turn the bass knob all the down and turn it up high, and it still does the same thing. It gave me this problem before i had the 1100 watt amp. Also checked my grounds and they are fine. It could be a wire issue which i highly doubt. So far my options are getting a new head unit, probably a 2 farad cap, an extra battery, or a bigger alternator. Most of them being expensive to a 17 year old kid on min wage lol. 

Or one of the speaker coils is shorting under heavy movement.

Use your fader and balance controls to isolate and play one speaker at a time to see if you can identify which one may be the problem.

Static drops are my bag.

1 hour ago, jk13 said:

Or one of the speaker coils is shorting under heavy movement.

Use your fader and balance controls to isolate and play one speaker at a time to see if you can identify which one may be the problem.

im not sure that they are under heavy movement because i dont push them that hard. If i push them somewhat hard, it causes power to all the speakers cut out. Im taking a look at it today. 

10 hours ago, carsontinsley said:

My music keeps cutting out at high volumes.

4 hours ago, carsontinsley said:

im not sure that they are under heavy movement because i dont push them that hard. If i push them somewhat hard, it causes power to all the speakers cut out. Im taking a look at it today. 

You said 'at higher volumes'. When I say heavy movement I mean more than talking volume. Just because you can't see it moving doesn't mean it's not.

Over the years we've had a few speakers come through that work fine at talking levels but have an intermittent mechanical short at higher volumes (when they're moving further), leading to amps or HU shutting down. Acts a lot like an intermittent wire short. All I was saying is check for both.

Best of luck.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived