Connorcerase Posted April 19, 2017 Report Posted April 19, 2017 I just bought a rockevile rxd m5 (4000rms) and two American bass 12"s (1000rms). The amp Is supposed to run 2000rms at 4ohms what gauge wire do I need to run to get the right amount of power?
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted April 19, 2017 Report Posted April 19, 2017 Welcome to SMD. I would do the big 3 and run 1/0 wire fused at the battery. That amp does about 2k at one ohm and is power hungry. I would expect it to want about 2౦0 amps. Get a volt meter and keep an eye on your voltage. A high output alternator would be good too. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Connorcerase Posted April 19, 2017 Author Report Posted April 19, 2017 What amp would you recommend not sure how I feel about rockeville but I'd like to keep the price around 200$
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted April 19, 2017 Report Posted April 19, 2017 There are not many great amps at 10 cents a watt. I ran an m4 for over a year at .5 ohms and while it did live it wasn't the cleanest amp I ever had. Most people on a budget buy used equipment. Brands to look at are DC, audio leigon, soundqubed, skar, to name a few. I'm sure people will chime in with more to look at. I bought an FSD 5k used from a member here and I love it. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Connorcerase Posted April 19, 2017 Author Report Posted April 19, 2017 Just did some looking and most nice quality 4ks are more expensive then that rockeville you think my subs will be safe at 1ohm from that amp
Kyblack76 Posted April 19, 2017 Report Posted April 19, 2017 What coil configuration are your coils? If you were going to wire at 2, you can't wire at 1 with a single board. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted April 19, 2017 Report Posted April 19, 2017 Then your stuck at a final one ohm nominal load. That or 4, and see no power from any board on the planet. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Connorcerase Posted April 19, 2017 Author Report Posted April 19, 2017 What if I got the 2ohm subs instead they would create .5?
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted April 19, 2017 Report Posted April 19, 2017 You would have to get an amp that could do .5 and that m5 might. It might not. I put my m4 at .5 because I wanted more power and was willing to buy a new amp to get what I wanted. I didn't care if it fried and got lucky. The amps that people run at .5 are not rated at .5 so the warranty is void. Running at .5 also requires more power to run because the effeciency is lower. You should save up some more money. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.