3000gt 18 Solo X Build Update 3/26/09

Alright, this is probably going to take me about a month or two, so be patient, I was going to wait to post pics but I uploaded them already so here goes,

This is what the system is going to be:

2 JBL GTO627

2 JBL GTO927

4 JBL P452

2 KX350.4

1 KX2500.1

1 18 Solo X

Here is the car:

Posted Image

Here are the old subs:

Posted Image

I have the 627's in the stock positions on the front door and the 927's are in the stock position in the rear. 2 of the P452 are going to be in the front on the dash pointing towards me, the other two are going to be on the b pillar also pointing toward me. The back seat will be removed and that is where the solo is going to be

Here is the begining of the front pods:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll be mounting the rings and finishing fiberglassing later on this week

94 3000gt

18" Kicker Solo X

KX2500.1

2 KX350.4

8 JBL Coax Speakers

250A Mechman Alt

nice man! i used to have a 3000gt in that same color, same wheels too.......only had 2 10" idq's though........did have an intake, and i took off the dual exhaust and did a single pipe all the way back, with a ractive muffler, exhaust was f'n loud....anyways, good luck on the build and cant wait for more pics!!!

Sound Mekanix - Dan

Team Fi

Team Kinetik

Team Sundown

Ascendant Audio

Sound Mekanix SPL Design Team

nice man! i used to have a 3000gt in that same color, same wheels too.......only had 2 10" idq's though........did have an intake, and i took off the dual exhaust and did a single pipe all the way back, with a ractive muffler, exhaust was f'n loud....anyways, good luck on the build and cant wait for more pics!!!

Thanks man, yea I just got this car a few months ago and I love it.

how did you get the chopmat to stay in place??

by using resing first and sticking the fiberglass little by little, i tried using big pieces first but they were too heavy and kept falling down, so I just cut the mat into smaller pieces

those pods are gonna look interesting. i usually see people take the pillars off and make one piece instead of doin it like a kick panel.

thats the way I was going to do it but the way that the car is shaped the speaker would have been to much in the way and would have been angled wierd, so I thought this way was the next best thing

94 3000gt

18" Kicker Solo X

KX2500.1

2 KX350.4

8 JBL Coax Speakers

250A Mechman Alt

nice.

i dont have the balls do glass my doors or anything like this yet, but 2 6.5's in each front foor of my F-150 is looking to be better and better to me :D

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg