Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

blown?


Ratski

Recommended Posts

Posted

so im on the fence about one of my subs. i get a lot of cone noise out of the right rear sub(i think) so i was thinking well maybe my box is coming apart. i gave it the once over and everything lookes fine to the naked eye. seems solid. so im thinking i have blown the sub. i have two fi audio 10" ssd-d1 running on a sq-3500. only thing i have changed is i re-did some grounds from my battery bank to the frame, so i dont think its anything from that. im just not sure because i all the other subs i have blown crackle at all volumes or have melted down, this one not so much

 

 

Posted

I have 2 fi q's i got new and had coil rub on both subs. Took 1 of the subs I thought was bad to fi and they reconed it. When I got it back and played it with the other one I had the same thing as the first one I took in. Took the older one to fi and could not duplicate the rub. Said screw it and have been running the snot of them. I put some weather stripping between the gasket and  surround to try and align the coil. Helps a little bit. Going to recone them to d2 after I switch them out and get my smd mini's running!

 

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Posted
11 hours ago, DTS909 said:

I have 2 fi q's i got new and had coil rub on both subs. Took 1 of the subs I thought was bad to fi and they reconed it. When I got it back and played it with the other one I had the same thing as the first one I took in. Took the older one to fi and could not duplicate the rub. Said screw it and have been running the snot of them. I put some weather stripping between the gasket and  surround to try and align the coil. Helps a little bit. Going to recone them to d2 after I switch them out and get my smd mini's running!

 

i think i will pull the one i think is making the noise. its a common chamber sealed box. give it the ole once over. i was only concerned because it started making the noise out of nowhere.

 

 

Posted
On 5/6/2017 at 10:15 AM, Ratski said:

no i do not know how to do that. 

Then remove thyself from car audio at once.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15549 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...