Sonic Electronix

There is a local shop that did basically ALL of the work/installing in my current truck. Box, wrapping, amps (both of em), cap., alts, etc.

I love the shop because it is 2 min from my house and I have spent a lot of time/money there.

Now here is my problem.

I have an Eclipse EA4000 amp, Eclipse CD3100 headunit, 4 6x9s and 2 6 1/2 in speakers. I have 2 issues. 1st issue is the controls for front/rear speakers do not work, left and right do, but front and rear don't. Everything is going through the front. So if i take front off there is no sound. I would like to be able to control that through the radio esp. with 4 6x9s behind me. I don't want to adjust the gains every time I want em turned up or down. Is this a wiring issue they did wrong? Is it something easily fixable?

2nd thing. I have static. I used to have static and alternator whine but I PAYED them to put in an isolator to fix the issue. I still have static. So here is my problem. Since they did the install and I payed them to fix it . . . should I have to pay to get them to fix my static? I want to maintain a good relationship there and not be known as a "problem" customer but I seriously want to go in there and raise hell about this static problem. I was told by one shop to adjust the gains down, but even with them down there is still static and I spend all this money on a quality product and what was supposed to be a quality install for it not to work right . . . that is a problem.

Now how should I approach this shop? Raise hell? Go in nicely and talk to the owner and say hey man I have this problem and explain to him in the same way I just explained it here?

Edited by Tub Asko

There is a local shop that did basically ALL of the work/installing in my current truck. Box, wrapping, amps (both of em), cap., alts, etc.

I love the shop because it is 2 min from my house and I have spent a lot of time/money there.

Now here is my problem.

I have an Eclipse EA4000 amp, Eclipse CD3100 headunit, 4 6x9s and 2 6 1/2 in speakers. I have 2 issues. 1st issue is the controls for front/rear speakers do not work, left and right do, but front and rear don't. Everything is going through the front. So if i take front off there is no sound. I would like to be able to control that through the radio esp. with 4 6x9s behind me. I don't want to adjust the gains every time I want em turned up or down. Is this a wiring issue they did wrong? Is it something easily fixable?

2nd thing. I have static. I used to have static and alternator whine but I PAYED them to put in an isolator to fix the issue. I still have static. So here is my problem. Since they did the install and I payed them to fix it . . . should I have to pay to get them to fix my static? I want to maintain a good relationship there and not be known as a "problem" customer but I seriously want to go in there and raise hell about this static problem. I was told by one shop to adjust the gains down, but even with them down there is still static and I spend all this money on a quality product and what was supposed to be a quality install for it not to work right . . . that is a problem.

Now how should I approach this shop? Raise hell? Go in nicely and talk to the owner and say hey man I have this problem and explain to him in the same way I just explained it here?

always try nice first. if the guy wants to be dickish then raise hell

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

always try nice first. if the guy wants to be dickish then raise hell

really though, should I have to pay to fix their bad install? if it is a bad amp or equipment issue I'll get a new one but from what it looks like it was just a bad install.

You need to give them a chance to properly fix the issues. Be nice, professional and calm. Tell them what you expected in the system when you asked fot their services. Allow them the chance to make it right. Don't tell them what they need to do, tell them your expectations and allow them to solve the problem.

They both sound like with a little adjustment, they will go away. I would expect a shop to cover both these issues

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You need to give them a chance to properly fix the issues. Be nice, professional and calm. Tell them what you expected in the system when you asked fot their services. Allow them the chance to make it right. Don't tell them what they need to do, tell them your expectations and allow them to solve the problem.

They both sound like with a little adjustment, they will go away. I would expect a shop to cover both these issues

I expected that the fist time I went up there trying to resolve the issue. Ended up being charged for an isolator and install of it. I'll go up there Friday and see what they say. They hired some new arrogant douche bag to handle the scheduling. I'll try and get with the owner. I hate these 6:30 am to 5 pm work hours but at least I only work 4 days a week.

I expected that the fist time I went up there trying to resolve the issue. Ended up being charged for an isolator and install of it. I'll go up there Friday and see what they say. They hired some new arrogant douche bag to handle the scheduling. I'll try and get with the owner. I hate these 6:30 am to 5 pm work hours but at least I only work 4 days a week.

Any shop is only as good as the weakest member. When you paid for the isolator then you should be noise free (thats what they sold you on) I'm not going to get into ground loop isolators. But in any case, they sold you that fix then it should be fixed. The fading issue might be different. If the equipment was set up for the fading and that is what you expected then that is what you should of got. If they went cheap on you by not running one more set of rca's then that might be a battle on who pays for the additional work.

In any case raising hell only draws the line quicker of who does what.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Go in there in a respectfull way and ask them what they can do about it. If they get smart get smart with them back.

Car-96 blazer 4 door

Amp- Us-Amps M2D2

Front stage- Infinity Reference Comps 6.5

Subs- Undecided open to all offers and opinions

You had to have it all

Have you had enough

You greedy little bastard

You get what deserved

When all is said and done

I will be the one

To leave you in your misery and hate what you have become

first off, did you purchase all the equipment there? If so it is 100% their problem and you should not be charged anything, in fact I would expect them to refund the "isolator" charge and fix the install right instead of patching it up. If you did not purchase the equipment there you may not be as easily serviced. They will prob say that it is faulty product and try to sell you something else. I would deal only with the owner and bypass the idiots that work the desk. Salesmen get paid for sales, not free service. They will always try to talk money out of you, expect that and you will be able to identify the BS.

If all else fails, drop kick them and fart on their face!

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint