Second Skin Audio

enclosure help

bmwking

hey all, I have a ct meso 6.5" d4 sub i'm putting in a complicated spot in the back side of an 03 mini cooper s.  I have had the hardest time trying to find any enclosure specs for this little guy.  I was wondering if you could help a guy out with a basic ported design, tuned to about 40hz (its going in the girlfriends car, she really only listens to the radio and precisely zero rebassed stuff).  I just need the internal volume and port design so i can have a direction to head.  this little box is going to have all sorts of crazy angles so if i had a a volume to account for, that'd make it much easier.

power will be supplied with a ct 300.1, giving 150wrms @ 2 ohm

thanks in advance!

Sealed: 0.25 ft3   

Ported 0.40 – 0.55 ft3

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

It's got a displacement of 0.0435 ft3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

A 2x4 port that's 29 inches long would tune it to 36 hertz

Oh okay let me look on a round real quick.

You could probably get away with a 3 inch, but I would recommend a 3.5 which would you prefer and I can get length for you

5 minutes ago, bmwking said:

3.5" is fine, even 4" i could probably squeeze if it's short enough, i dont have a whole lot of depth to the place I'm putting it.  Do you think I'd just be better off sealed?

Well if you really want my advice, buy another woofer and run two sealed at one ohm on that amp. Two sealed is roughly the same size as one ported and if it's not loud enough then you can port both of them and have even more output.

Even to tune to 40 hertz with a 3.5 inch port you would have to have it 30 inches long.

Archived