Second Skin Audio

On axis 6th order assistance

8ten8

Update: it's finished! I played it today and first words out of my mouth was "wow!". It gets down big time. Now if I could only figure out to post pics. I don't have SG-IM yet but to my ear, it sounds spot-on. Very broad range and louder. I'm sold on the parallel 6th. Now thinking ahead...SP4 15 on DC5k. Hmmm. JoeX, Triticum...I can't thank you guys enough. 

That sounds like a lot of fun you are having, here's how to post pics on here:

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175929-how-to-post-and-resize-photos-with-photobucket-tutorial/

Remember to setup your amp subsonic filter to about 25Hz to protect the driver, bandpass boxes can make it harder to notice issues with a driver.

8 hours ago, 8ten8 said:

Update: it's finished! I played it today and first words out of my mouth was "wow!". It gets down big time. Now if I could only figure out to post pics. I don't have SG-IM yet but to my ear, it sounds spot-on. Very broad range and louder. I'm sold on the parallel 6th. Now thinking ahead...SP4 15 on DC5k. Hmmm. JoeX, Triticum...I can't thank you guys enough. 

I'm glad to hear it worked out well for you!  I'm excited to see some pics!

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

Looks great, I was wondering what do you have for front stage and how are you playing the 60-90Hz range?

Factory front stage crossedover at 80hz on deck power for now. Sounds like garbage after 55 out of 61 max undistorted. I don't mind, it's only temporary. Leaning towards evil6.5's on 250w per, paired with the CDT es-02's on 125w per. Promised myself I would get my electrical in order for 5k+ before doing the front stage. As it is right now, from Steely Dan to decaf sounds pretty damm good. Speaking of 5k, your opinion on a single sp4 15 on 5k in a parallel 6th...

Archived