Sundown Audio

Need Help (Bought Subs from Local Shop)

Dj Drake

Hey guys I need some help with finding a budget amp.

I just bought x6 DD 200 series 12"s rated at 300rms ea.

I'm trying to find a good budget amp to go with them.

The shop I bought my subs from said you cant wire 6 subs to 1 ohm and that it will end up at a 1.3ohm load so they said I'll have to wire it to 2 ohm and use 2 amps. Can ya'll help me find a good budget amp?

I was thinking about buying an audio pipe or hifonics but I don't know if yall think I should stay away from those.

Also will I need more than stock electrical to run this?

If so, will just upgrading my main battery suffice?

I would probably do a Rockford T1500-BDCP. You can probably get one refurb off ebay for 499$. I have seen people run them on stock electrical if they have a bigger stock alternator, but a battery is probably a good upgrade. You should be able to do ~1800 watts at 1-2 ohms (without box rise) assuming you keep your voltage up. 

I have a T2500 in my car now and It is a beast. 

You can wire to 1.3 ohm if you want. Your amp doesn't care if the load is an whole number or not. In fact, it's usually not seeing whole numbers considering the impedance fluctuates constantly. Like Cstroker said, what ohms are the subs rated at and what are they Dual or Single voice coil? Budget will play a big role in what amp you get. I would stay away from Hifonics, i've heard nothing but bad things about them. Haven't heard too much about audio pipe so I can't really say. 

Archived