Second Skin Audio

Need help with box build

44 minutes ago, Justin_1990 said:

Yeah I'd like to keep it light. I've made everything out of birch so far. I haven't glued my pieces together yet so shrinking shouldn't be to hard. Just gonna be a little wasted wood. Next time I'll have to make sure I read the ports right lol. I went off a Facebook group and they all said 2 4" ports would work perfect. 

Foamboard insulation would be your best bet for keeping it light.  

As far as Facebook goes, a lot of people don't know what the hell they are talking about (and that's putting it nicely :-)  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah that's why I came here. To many people giving to many false opinions on there. As far as sealing it I'll just cut my wood down to the correct size. It's not glued yet so thatwill be easy. I may see if I can't find someone I can give my dimensions to and see if they can come up with a slot port for it. 

For sealed you would do as follows, it's basically cutting you parts in such a way that you get a total external depth of 10":

Box Specs: 2.0 cubic feet net, 1 1/4" cross brace front to back.

SEALED.jpg

For a ported box you would do as follows with the materials you already have, I have used 16.5" as internal depth:

Box Specs: 3.1 cubic feet net tuned to 34 Hz.

PORTED2.jpg

It's a smaller box but still well within Alpine recommendations, pretty sure you will be fine with it and for the most part a better option than the sealed alternative.

Archived